Spitz 4G module that work with Verizon 4G LTE

Hi

I just got a US verizon 4G LTE data plan and have my sim card already.
I didn’t get the vendor recommend 4G CPE model since there is no LAN ports.

After look around, I am interested to get GL-X750 4G router. I have two following choices of 4G Module.

Question: I don’t understand which module I should pick ?
From reading R3, look like if I cat CAT6 the the download speed is much faster then CAT4 ?

CAT4 EC25-AF 4G North America
or CAT6 EP06-A 4G North America

R1: Verizon Open Development | module
R2: Verizon Open Development | module
R3: Know your 4G: The different types of LTE explained - CNET

Also I don’t see Verizon is listed as supported carrier

For Verizon you need to have a SIM card that has been activated. Our device cannot be used to activate Verizon SIM card.

So EC25-AFFA should work.

Note, Verizon always have strict rules to use their network and we don’t support that officially.

1 Like

Hi @alzhao
Thanks for the quick reply. I am impressed by your company’s support.
I am looking for a 4G LTE router and your product is my 1st choice after I see your github and plenty support doc and this forum.

I will try out X750-AFFA

@alzhao

I now have Verizon’s Jetpack(MiFi 6620L) with SIM card enabled and working at 2-3 bars singal strength.

Hoping this X750-AFFA can improve the 4G LTE signal and reliability.

Hi tjyang,

How was the test with the unit X750-AFFA?

Thanks

@cblancoz. Sorry, I didn’t proceed with the X750-AFFA test.

I have the EP06-A and it worked fine with visible/verizon for a few months and this morning it started not working.

I am pretty sure it’s the verizon side problem as the other t-mobile sim card I have works fine now with the GL-X750V2C6. Hopefully, verizon side can recognize the connection again later and didn’t ban me on this device (the same sim card is now working on a iphone for hotspot but doesn’t work on the 4G router).

But occasionally, i have the 4G router has only the power light on and i don’t know why it happened. Fortunately, it turns out not a 4G router hardware issue. I am still little suspected of the long term reliability of this product (not sure if it’s verizon side or the hardware issue). Anyway, it’s a bit painful to go through all these since it’s not officially supported by verizon if I am using this router as my main internet connection at home.

Another strange issue with verizon is after I established a VPN connection, the VNC connection goes through will always failed to connect but t-mobile network is fine with that. That sounds ridiculous to me. I am just complaining about verizon/visible. Don’t take it seriously.