Spitz AX (GL-X3000) - using ATT

Google is your friend:

Eric

Hi EricG:

The September version did not incorporate this database to fully differentiate between Verizon and AT&T.

I am currently consulting relevant information and organizations to confirm. After it is confirmed, we will update the firmware to fix this issue.

Thanks!

I did the same as you reported. I am now using the Sept. 08, 2023 Firmware and I am connected at 5G. Thank you

I followed the instructions below given by Tech. support after I changed my Firmware to 4.0 50402.

If your sim card has been activated, you can refer to the following to try.

1. Reboot the router.

2. Find AT command UI and execute this AT command: AT+QMBNCFG=“deactivate”

3. Click the Manual Setup, then fill in APN manually and set the MTU to 1420 to try. If you don’t the correct APN for your AT&T sim, you can ask your sim card provider for the APN. Or try these settings: m2m.com.attz or broadband to see it works。I used broadband for my 5G data card.

Lizh,

Thanks for the information on updating the firmware. I’ll try the new firmware when it gets released.

Ekko,

Thanks for sharing what worked for your AT&T sim card. I’m sure all the information in this thread will help others.

Eric

Can anyone explain this to me? How does one MCC/MNC have multiple carriers listed? Taken from https://mcc-mnc.com/.

At least it has the big three correct.
310/260 - T-Mobile
310/410 - AT&T
311/480 - Verizon

@EKKO @EricG @doczenith1

Please use this firmware:GL.iNet download center

Will give it a try. Hopefully will have success with this version.

Lizh,

Excellent! I installed the firmware you listed above for the GL-X3000 (I did not keep settings) and after setting the apn to “broadband”, the router connected to the AT&T network. Internet is working! I’ll do some more testing as the day goes on.

Thank you!!!

Eric

1 Like

Lizh,

I finished setting up the router with VPN and all the remaining settings I use. No problems with connectivity. Earlier in the day I noticed I was connected to 5g, a first. Thanks!

Eric

Hi EricG:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hi Lizh,
Updated the firmware as you suggested to V. 4.4.6 or Version 4.0-0406 release. All is working without me needing to make any adjustments in my settings. So far working excellent.
Great job on the new firmware release.

Hey Ekko-

I activated prepaid ATT 5G Service with my Fold 5. WIth the latest firmware per your most recent post, I only seem to be getting LTE speeds and connection on the Spitz. Any ideas on what to do before I give up on this thing? Lol. Is there a way to mirror my imei and icid on my Fold 5 with the Spitz?

Hi EKKO:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Hi scoob:

Are you sure about the cell towers around here?

I’m a newbie to GL-inet products. Not new to networking, but new to these products.

Long story short, after two days of struggling, I am able to get 5G now on a prepaid data-only AT&T sim card. It was not easy. Thank goodness for the EricG’s and other contributors on this thread.

I originally thought the issues were AT&T, but this thread made my realize that it was the GL-X3000 firmware.

My GL-X3000 came with ver 4.4.5 (12/14): Epic FAIL.
v 4.4.6 (1/23): Works.
v 4.4 2 (9/8): Works.

Documenting what worked for me in the San Francisco Bay Area as of 3/10/2024:

Provider / Sim card: AT&T / Data-only prepaid
Firmware: 4.4.6 (1/23) and 4.4.2 (9/8)
Protocol: QCM
Port: /dev/mhi_QMI0
APN: broadband

I am near an AT&T tower, getting NR5G-NSA signal with RSRP, RSRQ and SINR all in the green. 80M dl_bandwidth, with just the standard antennas indoors with no special aiming, etc.

1 Like

FYI: I am currently using the latest software release for 2024 (beta) and it is working flawlessly. My configuration is the same as yours.

Thanks, Ekko. I saw your posts too. I really appreciate helpful people.

Folks,

I’m in Berlin (Germany) for a couple weeks visiting family. I’ve got my GL-X3000 with me using an o2.de unlimited data sim for internet. So far so good. I set the apn to “internet” and everything is working as it should. It shows I’ve got a 5g NSA signal.

Eric

1 Like