Spitz AX Rooftop Antenna

Im using the Spitx AX NR. Used it this weekend in our camper with 2 sims to test out. We were in low land surrounded by large ski hills. VZW and ATT both barely had 1 bar of signal. Im looking into installing a roof antenna on top of the camper to help improve the signal. I have the 750v2 and installed a roof antenna for that and it improved the signal dramatically. Im looking at getting the Pepwave 42G. Is this the correct antenna to use with this new Spitz AX?

Hi,I have confirmed the product specification of 42G, which should work on Spitx AX. if you have enough time. Can wait a while. We plan the spitz AX to be compatible with some popular camper roof antennas.This work is under test and will be published as soon as it is completed.

1 Like

I got myself the Poynting Mimo-4-17 and it works fine with the Spitz AX. It has one cable extra for GPS that I don’t use but in case if necessary I could connect it to one of the LTE connectors that is also for GPS. Two antenna adapters came with the antenna for the WIFI antennas…which was exactly the thing that I needed to hook it up. So I can confirm for all campers out there that this combination works fine.

The Peplink 42G is an excellent antenna, but if you have a fibreglass RV roof you’ll also need a ground plane or it will suffer a drop from the specified performance - minimum 18" is recommended (circular or square - it doesn’t matter). There are several things you can do including using a sheet of galvanized steel from your local big box store (e.g. Home Depot), and some suppliers offer a thin stick-on sheet (kinda like aluminum tinfoil with 3M adhesive) which also works very well.

Alternatively, you can look at antennas with a buillt-in ground plane like the Parsec Husky, Proxicast 7 in 1, or the Poynting MIMO-4-17.

*all the antennas mentioned support the full range of 600-6000 MHz cell bands that the Spitz AX’s modem supports and all are good choices.

I use this at home, can someone suggest some good antenna to fix outside the apartment?
thanks