Spitz Firmware 4.2 (snapshot) "bug"

It sounds like you’re dependent upon it for connectivity. I have no info about whether it will work for you. I probably wouldn’t do it at this point.

Exactly! You’re reading my mind!

On the support of my router’s CPU, I found this on OpenWrt’s forum:

“Once support for MT7981 SoC will hit OpenWrt and mainline Linux (probably only next year), then it is very likely that GL-iNET devices with that chip will be among the first being supported.”

1 Like

Hi, does wifi stop working after flashing this generic version of openwrt and you have to enable via ssh? or will broadcast signal?
I cannot get extroot to work on 4.3 glinet build of X750, so I am thinking to flash the generic version.
Just not sure if I lose wifi connectivity and have to use LAN to connect to ssh, or no it will be simpler than that.
Thanks,

The config files change significantly between the stable version of GL-inet and the generic version. It would be theoretically possible to modify them during the upgrade process to maintain previous configurations. However I haven’t done that and I don’t know anyone who has, and it would be time consuming to do it.

Please be aware that, when I upgraded our X750V2 units, the LAN and WAN ports were switched during the upgrade.

I don’t remember whether WiFi works or not immediately after upgrade. I recommend using hardwired connectivity and not relying on WiFi.

An update: Trying snapshot 4.3.6, build 0712. I upgraded (from 4.2.0 build 0212) with keep settings.

The router still cannot connect using the saved internet settings (QMI / /dev/cdc-wdm0) but does eventually auto-connect with 3G / /dev/ttyUSB3.

However, unlike previous versions it does auto-connect from a cold boot using the 3G settings.

Hopefully a final update - installed the latest Beta, 4.3.6 release 2 (2023-07-20) and this seems to be working perfectly (after a few days of testing).

Thanks for finally fixing the original issue.