Spitz GL-X750 antennae upgrade

I didn’t see a big difference with them. Sometimes they tested a little better sometimes not.

!

oh, thats a shame. thanks so much for sharing!

@jsha I’ll test again when I get home and not in the RV.

1 Like

say those antennas do not make any difference…

If you’re replacing stick antennas with other stick antennas, you’re not going to see much of a difference. Some may have better performance across the band frequencies, but any differences would be little at best.

I have gone through a lot of modems, routers, and antennas over the past couple of years and I have found a set that seem to perform better than any of the other stick antennas that I’ve tried, but even then, the difference isn’t huge. The signal levels are a couple dB better with these antennas, but it still isn’t going to be a night-and-day difference.

Unfortunately, the best antennas that I have came with a USB sled that I bought from alibaba, and there are no markings or anything that I can post, but these antennas are shorter than most by at least half, and they are made so that when they are turned upwards, they have a flat base so you can just attach the SMA cables to them and they will stand on their own on a flat surface. I have these plugged into my GL.iNet devices now. You can find them on the alibaba website if you search for “High Gain 600-6000Mhz External 5G Antenna”. They will show up a few results down, with a picture of 5 of them. They’re around $4 each.

I’m using LTE internet as my main home connection, and while I absolutely love the GL.iNet products, you really need to go a lot further with the antennas if you’re getting far away from the cell towers. I didn’t see really great performance until I attached a nice panel antenna to a pole outside. On my EP06-A GL.iNet routers with a good panel antenna, I can easily hit the 100mb Ethernet port bottleneck. If the devices that I have had 1000Mb ethernet ports, I could probably easily hit 150Mbps.

I don’t use GL-iNet products as my main internet connections because I’m using better equipment to get much faster speeds, but I still love taking one of them with me when I travel, because they’re still usually better than hotel internet.

3 Likes

Hi!

With regards to WiFi antennas. Is the 5Ghz antenna the small PCB antenna mounted at the front of the case and connected to the connector at the right hand side of the board (opposite side to the LTE board)?

Are the 2.4Ghz antennas at the edge of the main board at the front of the case, with the two unconnected connectors?

What fitting are those connectors - they are different to the other connectors on the board.

I’m wanting to replace the internal antennas with SMA connections for external antennas for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi, could you share a photo of your Outdoor Panel antenna?

Im looking for an antenna to boost my 4g signal rrception to get better speeds for Band38+Band40

I got an external antanae with odd ends on the wires. Can someone tell me what adapter I can use to adapt to coax for use with the GL-X750

pen for size