Stock Firmware Slowing Things Down?

Tried & got the same issue

Are you planning to look into the issue ?

We tried ROOter firmware here and it is lower than our stock firmware. I don’t have an idea.

Can you check if in the stock firmware, you are using QMI? BTW, we added ncm protocol for Quectel modems which should work better.

We are also made changes to the hardware of Spitz and it will have great improvement in signals.

That doesn’t really help those who have bought it.

Tried QMI & MBIM - how do I enable NCM to try it?

I still don’t understand this router - I get like 40mb upload consistently and download struggles at 20mb.
It’s a CAT 6 Module, apparently, should be achieving much, much higher speeds than this.
My Samsung S5 is CAT 6 AFAIK and it gets 100mb down and 50mb up - What’s the deal with this thing?

Extremely frustrating piece of kit.

I optimized 4G->WIFI forwarding rate, please download the firmware test here

1 Like

I’d love to try it, but I only have GL-MiFi and MUDI devices.

If you can whip up a firmware build for those, I’d test them out for you.

Please download here

I’ve tested this a few ways, and the speeds on GL-iNet firmware are still slower than ROOter Goldenorb.

3.029: 15Mbps
3.105: 15Mbps
3.029: 15Mbps
3.105: 15Mbps
ROOTer: 20Mbps

These speeds were tested using stick antennas instead of my external antenna, using the same speedtest settings and the same LTE band. I did about 5 tests on each firmware to try to make sure that the speeds were similar.

On ROOTer, the signal is consistently faster than either of the GL-iNet firmware.

I have the same issue with the GL-X750v2 with EC25 modem on T-Mobile. Using a T-Mobile hotspot (no CA and same band support) on the same band I get twice the speed.

Newbie mistake on my part. I was using USB mode instead of QMI, now the speeds are comparable.

1 Like