Switching between SIM cards based on ISP's signal strength

... the title of this topic is exactly what the advertisment of this router says here:

But how can i configure "Switching between SIM cards based on ISP's signal strength"?

The only setting I have found, is auto switching SIMs based on simple ping statistics. This is set up at the Multi-WAN page.

It doesnt say that its automatic since it wouldn't be feasible / efficient to do so. However, you can simply switch between sims using AT+QUIMSLOT=<1 or 2> command followed by a router reboot or AT+CFUN=1,1 (module reboot) if theres no settings for it.

1 Like

That is bad, because this false promise is one reason I bought the router for.

I there a "pro user hack", where I can run a a script nightly, which determines the network quality / signal strength and then chooses the sim with the better result?

I use this router in a mobile home, so there is an absolute use case to "improve" the sim selection, when changing the location.

I dont see any false promises here. Deciding whats the best sim on a specific place needs to be done manually since not only the signal strength tells if the network is good or not. Maybe GL only means that it gives you an easy to use settings to these things (ie. tower search and sim hot swap)

2 Likes

Looks like the website got updated. The sentence now says: "Set failover priorities to switch between two SIM cards".

Nevertheless, I am still eager for answers, If someone know how install a script on the router, that would regularly (e.g. nightly) check the network quality of both SIM cards and finally chooses the better one.