The VPN no longer working on GL.iNet GL-MT3000 (Beryl AX) Pocket-Sized Wi-Fi 6 Wireless Travel Gigabit Router

It used to work, then stopped working. I ran the software update, and it’s still not working.
When trying to enable the vpn file, I tried a couple files, and
the log said:
Wed Jul 12 20:01:30 2023 daemon.notice ovpnclient[20367]: SENT CONTROL [us9755.nordvpn.com]: ‘PUSH_REQUEST’ (status=1)
Wed Jul 12 20:01:30 2023 daemon.notice ovpnclient[20367]: AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED
Wed Jul 12 20:01:30 2023 daemon.notice ovpnclient[20367]: SIGTERM[soft,auth-failure] received, process exiting

I’m wondering if this is related:

thank you, I got my new credentials and password, how do I enter them in the gli page? I’m not seeing a way to remove the old vpn connection, or to update it.

I’m sorry; I don’t use OpenVPN so I don’t know for certain. I’d try this section of the docs though. If it doesn’t work hold tight & I’m sure a GL rep will eventually see this thread.

They’ll want to know your firmware version (GL → System → Upgrade).

No worries, this was super helpful anyway, I did it, and now I can’t figure out where it is that I did it, but it’s working again, so thank you!

1 Like