Trouble with s1300-factory-to-openwrt.img

Hi guys,

I’m sure I’m doing something dumb, but I can’t figure out exactly what it is.

I want to build firmware from the OpenWRT repository. Mostly, I just want to run the ATH10K driver with B.A.T.M.A.N. I realize the performance may suffer compared to the QC proprietary driver, but that’s okay.

Anyway, I downloaded the s1300-factor-to-openwrt.img from this link:

I was surprised that the image is quite small (576 KB). When I try to flash my router using the GL-inet upgrade page, I get an error message that the file is in the wrong format. The MD5 ends in …f96b.

Seems like I must have a corrupted file. Any idea what’s going on? Should I try building it from source?

Thanks in advance!

–Joe

@JoeC928

Did you follow the instructions from here:

You flashed it from uBoot correct?

The image is small as it only sets a few flags in the bootloader, it contains no actual data.

Thanks, Johnex!

No, my mistake was that I did not use the uBoot to reflash it, I used the GL-iNet UI after the router had booted. Honestly, it’s been so long since I did something like this, I didn’t realize uBoot had a WebUI now.

For anybody who finds this thread later, the instructions are here:

And be aware: the second image should be the uBoot image.

This might be obvious, but don’t be surprised if the second image you download doesn’t include LuCI, in which case you will need to try to ssh into the router. In other words, after you reboot the router, it will not answer to http requests.

So you got it working? :slight_smile:

Yep, I got it working. I feel a bit like an idiot for not realizing that the instructions were trying to tell me to load the s1300-factory-to-openwrt firmware image directly via uBoot.

I was also able to load a firmware image I had compiled myself, also using uBoot. So that’s progress.