Uboot update for ar300m

Hello,

Where I can fetch uboot update for AR 300M? As I see in 404 Page not found - GL.iNet the new version is supposed to support flashing nor flash, that I kind of broken and never recovered. :slight_smile:

I see that current uboot does have a interface to flash upgrade via /uboot.html, so all I need is the binary blob I suppose.

THanks

please try this one.

Thank you alzhao.

Sadly, the uboot’s WebUI /uboot.html says the uploaded file is wrong so I suppose I need to go with the serial and tftp method.

I see. There is a problem with size and you have to append 0 to the end of the uboot.

Unfortunately the engineer in charge of this has a vacation this week and cannot fix it. If you don’t mind please wait and push next week.

You can also try USB uart.

Sure I can wait, but meanwhile I can also try to handle it.

Do you happen to know what is the expected file size? I could append the zeros myself. If not, I will be happy to wait for your engineer to get back from vacation.

I don’t know the size. This is the problem.

Hello,

Could you please provide me now the uboot update file that I can flash over webui?

Please be informed that I no lonver need this information, as I already flashed it via serial connection, tho it may be nice to still drop the answer here, for the sake of those who google it.

@is9aes10, sorry for forgetting this. I will ask the engineer to provide on Wednesday, as it is holiday today and tomorrow.

Hi,

@alzhao it would be great to get the padded version of the uboot bin file :slight_smile: Save multiple store trips / soldering etc. If you could ask that would be great.

Rgds,

R.

Please try the attached uboot.

Thanks for the file. Just pulled it and tried. Sorry, it still fails with error:

“<span style=“color: #000000; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; background-color: #ffe7e7;”>Probably you have chosen wrong file (too big or too small) or you were trying to update ART on device with unknown FLASH type (and size) which is not allowed. Please, try again or contact with the author of this modification. You can also get more information during update in U-Boot console.”</span>

@NesporBellisRM,

Sorry for this. I check again and seems this is impossible. We had several version of AR300M uboot. Unfortunately the version you have is the oldest and it only accept 64K uboot, which is impossible to compile.

The only way to do this is use a USB-UART adapter.