Unable to acces 750s Uboot

Hello, I recently got a 750s from a friend, and wanted to install OpenWrt 19.07.7 as ii was the version of all my routers at home. I tried updating the firmware from the control panel of OpenWrt under the advanced tab. The upload was correct, but then it got stuck on the “updating” page. I waited somewhere near 15 minutes and then disconnecting the router as it felt stuck. When I tried powering it on, everything failed, I couldn’t access the control panel or even ping it. Next I tried the Uboot method but nothing showed up. I’m using a Windows machine (not a laptop), setting the PC IP to 192.168.1.2, and only using one cable. I tried clearing browser cache, using a different browser, other Windows PCs but still no luck. I loaded up Wireshark and I saw the following message Who has 192.168.1.2? Tell 192.168.1.1 . Can someone help me, thanks in advance.

What OpenWrt image did you try to install? If it wasn’t the sysupgrade one there is no „easy uboot“ anymore…

1 Like

I don’t remember, when I get home I will have a look on it. The thing is that the LEDs appear as normal. In case the Uboot doesn’t work could I debrick it from serial?

When you enter uboot failsafe mode, did you see the LED blinks as expected?

If you have Serial connector it will be definately helpful.

The LEDs work as expected in Uboot. As mentioned before, the router searches for the IP 192.168.1.2. I don’t currently have a serial connector, but I was asking if it would solve everything if else fails.

I can verify that the file uploaded was, in fact, the sysupgrade. I understand, therefore, that the Uboot should be present.

You should use the .img file for uboot, not sysupgrade

Sorry, what I meant is that I used the sysupgrade for upgrading the router. My problem is that the Uboot page doesn’t show up.