Unable to access to Netflix through ExpressVPN

Hi,

I have an issue. Basically it’s simple. When I use Express VPN over the Android APP, I can access to Netflix… no issues. When I try to use their OpenVPN files (for the same server “location”), I can’t connect to Netflix.

However, using another VPN (CyberGhost), it works great. So I don’t understand what’s happening… I tried a lot of different things (uncheck the rebind protection, blocking the google DNS with iptable reject, and even disabling the ipv6 features)… Nothing is working…

Would you have an idea ?
FYI : CyberGhost doesn’t work with Hulu while it’s working with Netflix (but from the Express VPN Android App, both Netflix and Hulu are working, it’s why I want to keep Express VPN…)
Thank you,

Laurent

Any log information when it can’t connect to Netflix?

The server chosen is probably different for the Android App unless you specify the exact IP in both he router and Android.

it maybe a DNS issue. You can try to set up different DNS servers to try.

When I try to use their OpenVPN files I can’t connect to Netflix.

Use the OpenVPN files on what? the router or the droid?

However, using another VPN (CyberGhost), it works great.

on what? the router or the droid? (yes it could make a difference!)

The server chosen is probably different for the Android App unless you specify the exact IP in both he router and Android.

Yes, if its not working on the router then the router is probably using a different DNS than the droid. Netflix is constantly adding VPN + DNS servers to their block list. This is not a bug in the router. Check the DNS leak tests with all of your VPN + DNS providers when accessing Netflix. Note the difference in reported server & location.

I am a new user of Netflix and the problem of streaming someone suggests me to use the VPN but I did not know it. Someone please guide me, which is the best VPN for Netflix Reliable price.

Same Here My previous vpn was working on android but not with openvpn but when i use purevpn with netflix its working on all platforms with netflix and hulu. I think its causing by vpn or its server ip.

It’s because Netflix blocks alot of VPN services make your own VPN with a home router I do this all the time when I travel overseas. Works great. Or try a dns bypass…

This VPN now works with Netflix https://www.purevpn.com/netflix-vpn

Be very careful with purevpn

It is because netflix has blocked many vpns. You can find number of guides for express vpn accessing netflix. Also there are number of black friday vpn deals that people can avail and find another suitable vpns to access netflix in case express vpn is not accessible. Express VPN has also announced new subscription plans for Express VPN Black Friday, do check it out as it has really low prices.

You must try FastestVPN, their US server give access to Netfilx properly.
Further you can have this VPN in very cheap rates through their Black Friday VPN Deals
Visit here: Buy VPN

I am using nordvpn and have no problem at all (if follow their guidance).
For netflix in nordvpn (openvpn via ar300m), connect to any nearby servers (exclude japan, uk, canada) will get access to the US netflix BUT it will work only for computers. Using netflix app in any android phone, apple, smart tv, ps4 will not work because their app use their own dns (override settings in router mostly not work). To make it work, use nord US servers mentioned at their web (try to search “nordvpn watch netflix securely”)