1st LED (power) is lit
3rd (5G) LED flashes 5x and remains off
2nd (2G) LED stays lit

Unable to reach device at 192.168.1.1

Troubleshooting steps:

Following the instructions at Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Docs
I am unable to reach the uboot loader to reinstall firmware

Unable to resolve ARP request for 192.168.1.1

How old is your ar750s? There was a problem with the U-Boot on the first production batch (up until about December last year) where U-Boot would not respond to anything but a windows laptop. If your AR750s is around that time frame and you are not using Windows to recover, trying doing it from a windows machine.

Otherwise not sure.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the device is only a couple of months old and the laptop is running MacOS.

Are there any other indications that the system has booted into the uBoot option correctly (e.g. both LEDs - for power and 2G remain solidly lit after releasing the reset button after 5 flashes).

My first AR750S was delivered by Amazon US in December, 2018. It had the older U-Boot and I needed to update. That would be the first thing that I would try. A Windows machine is required. It took me under 15 minutes, from walking up to a friend’s Windows machine to confirming success.

Thanks Jeffsf - will try to find a windows box as you mention.

One additional point, I note that from a packet capture it is sending traffic on a 802.1q trunk on VLAN 1.

Adding a VLAN sub-interface to the ethernet interface on my Mac does allow it to respond to the ARP requests for 192.168.1.2 that I can see coming from the ar750s, however nothing much happens after that.

Those are the symptoms I was experiencing.

From the previously linked thread

You can check the uboot version after the device boot up.

root@GL-AR750S:~# strings /dev/mtd0 | grep -nr "U-Boot" | head -n 1
348:U-Boot 1.1.4-gcf378d80-dirty (Aug 16 2018 - 07:51:15)
1 Like

Just a quick note to say thank you.

Managed to get in front of a windows machine today and recovered the device within a few minutes.

Never seen that before, but guess you live and learn.

1 Like