Unable to enter SIM pin code on GL-X750

Hello,

I probably missed something but in the web interface i cannot see where i can insert a pin code.
The sim is detected, i go in advanced menu and nothing except device,APN,Dial Numer,username, password. See the picture attached.

Is there a way to enter a pin ? i have version 3.028.

Thx in advance for your help.

You need to select the device ttyUSB3.

Hello,

Thx it worked as you said.
I put a 3G/4G LTE SIM, in my phone it is LTE, but in the GL-X750, it appears as 3G with lower lower speed. Is there anything i can do ?

Thx,

Jean

Also i got this from ssh

root@GL-X750:~# ifconfig
3g-modem_1_1_2 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
inet addr:12.147.220.199 P-t-P:10.61.61.61 Mask:255.255.255.255
UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:27322 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:31218 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
RX bytes:11182304 (10.6 MiB) TX bytes:17151477 (16.3 MiB)

It is possible that your phone has bands the specific module in your X750 does not support, which is why it falls back to 3G only. Most mobile ISPs do have a public list of supported bands, so you could compare that to the list of bands on the shop page (or check the E750’s shop page as it has more details and uses the same mPCIe modules).

It is also a possibility that for some reason your X750’s antennas are not as good as your phone’s (quite unlikely, but can happen, though that’s most likely a manufacturing issue), in which case the device drops back to 3G only.

You can try resetting the modem from the web interface, which helped me kick it back to 4G a few times (re-discovery of mobile networks is not the best on my E750 and it often gets stuck on 3G after a quick lift travel).

Another possible reason that you only get 3G on this device is that you used a wrong 4G module.

For example, if you are using Europe module in the US or reversely, you will only have 3G. Can you pls check?

Which is basically what I said, in slightly more technical terms.

The difference between countries (or rather, between continents/regions) 3G/4G networks is the bands being used. E.g. band 20 is used throughout Europe, and if I’m not mistaken, most of Asia (and the middle east, basically EMEA region), while it’s not at all present in the US.

Hello Folks,

After some times, i mean minutes, i saw 4G Appear so this was probably normal.
Hereafter a screenshot, let me know if you find anything wierd.
Performances are around 15 Mbs download.
Thx for all your feedbacks,
Best REgards,

rssi -85 generally means a very weak signal.