Upgrading uboot on Creta

So, over the weekend power was accidentally removed from my Creta in the middle of a firmware update. Loose receptacle. Now I’m trying to debrick it using this guide Debrick via Uboot - GL.iNet Router Docs 3

I have an old version of uboot on there so I’m trying to upgrade it and it just doesn’t ever seem to restart. I upload the file downloaded from github uboot-for-qca95xx/uboot-gl-ar750-20180705-md5-447252d5073b4cdb5fa53252010a876a.bin at master · gl-inet/uboot-for-qca95xx · GitHub

It says it’s successfully uploaded but the router sits there for ages and occasionally the 2g and 5g lights flash. How long should this take?

I tried twice last night on my macbook with no luck and I found a thread that suggested maybe it wouldn’t work on a mac so now I’m at work on a windows laptop and it’s doing the same thing.

Can I skip this update uboot process and just flash a firmware from the old uboot? If so is it NAND or NOR I want to flash.

Thanks!

There may be pointers to relevant info here:

Edit: maybe also here:

Yeah, I can get the uboot UI to come up just fine. I upload the file and the browser just says “update in progress” and nothing happens even after a half hour. It doesn’t ever reboot.

EDIT: I gave up on trying to upgrade uboot and just flashed NOR with the 3.105 firmware and it rebooted just fine. Upgrading to the latest firmware now.

1 Like