USB Novatel Wireless Ovation MC547 and GL-MT300N-V2-e8b

I cannot get a connection with this device can anyone provide information what is needed we are travelling and need connection on the road was hoping that it would work on the Mango GL-MT300N-V2-e8b can anyone advise please the stick is unlocked and I have a Rogers Sim card in it, the stick works directly connected to the laptop so we know that is ok.

USB Novatel Wireless Ovation MC547 + GL-MT300N-V2-e8b = No connection :frowning:
Some Information on the stick

• The OvationTM MC547 Wireless Broadband USB modem is a compact dual-carrier HSPA+ device that can provide download speeds of up to 42 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 5.76 Mbps.
  • With 850, 1900, and 2100 MHz HSPA+/UMTS bands and Quad Band GPRS/EDGE, the MC547 allows you to connect anywhere in the world be it from home, office, hotel, or airport.
  • The Ovation MC547 is equipped with the intuitive MobiLinkTM Connection Manager software that automatically installs on both Windows and Mac computers.
  • Simply plug the device into your PC, notebook, or Ultra Mobile PC and the software automatically installs, giving you the freedom to connect to the internet from almost anywhere. Thank you for your help

OpenWRT is not the same as Windows/iOS and does not install drivers/software automatically. OpenWRT has limited availability of drivers for LTE USB modems, depending on the modem chipset. You can try to look up the modem chipset of your Novatel Wireless Ovation MC547 and check if there is a driver that can be installed.

I recommend that users to confirm compatibility before buying USB modems, which are generally used in WIndows/iOS computers. GL.iNet has a list of tested modems somewhere on their website.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Does the router recognize this modem and did you ever configure it?