USB3 on Brume

I’m trying to use the Brume with USB devices that would benefit from the higher speed USB3 port. I have a USB3 hub that allows power pass-through. I attempted to remove the rndis and USB Ethernet gadget packages to see if they were interfering, but it doesn’t seem to have done anything to help. lsusb -t shows the port as a hub and the higher speed, but doesn’t show anything connected to it. Is there a way to make use of the USB3 port as a standard port, not the ethernet tether?

There are several topics in the forum where folks are asking similar questions, without solutions. I think this would make a great feature request.

Using the port as device mode or host mode, requires some modifications in hardware.

So it cannot be done.

Thanks for the quick response!

Wondering out loud, if physical mods were something I were willing to risk, what level of difficulty would it be?

1. Easy (ie: just need to pull up a pin to ground to change the identity of the port)
  2. Medium (ie: need to desolder and replace the port)
  3. Hard (ie: would require changes to other hardware components and firmware, better off building/buying something else)

Thanks!

It should be this one. But sorry I don’t know how.