VPN Feature Request

I was wondering if it would be possible for the GUI to offer the ability to filter VPN traffic (add exceptions).

As an example, you sometimes need to use local services and they need to have your location but with a VPN turned on, they will never know your real location since all data traveling between your computer and the VPN server is encrypted?

Do you mean: you run some hotspot and filter vpn protocols? or you connect to some hotspot and want to turn off vpn if there is a captive portal?

For the first scenario, we don’t want to develop. This is business related and let business do this.

For t he second scenario, what we want to do is the bypass the captive portal and pass through to vpn servers.

Hi,

What I mean is that some websites and connected services do not play nicely with VPN - for example Netflix or printing on my local network.

I was wondering if it would be possible to simply create a list of domains / services which have not to be routed over VPN?

Also, the second scenario is something I’ve also been wondering about so that sounds very interesting.

it is possible to bypass some website for vpn. This needs to setup using iptables.

You can check your /etc/firewall.user file and you will see how router goes to vpn. However I am not expert in iptables so cannot give you detailed guide, Hope you can get help from google.