VPN from Iran - blocked access

Hi. here are the 3 files
3inone.zip (27.5 KB)

1 Like

_processes_NEW.zip (1.8 KB)

1 Like

3389!! My sides! :rofl:                                                        

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, now I get it. I’m pretty new to OWRT and had not heard of Shadowsocks or v2RayA. I will look them up now.

Okay back to the grind guys, and good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

V2ray or v2rayA are open source protocols. Which are used for those people who do very shady stuff. Because its undetectable!
Now we need to use it to for just watching youtube or using normal websites or normal apps like insta, telegram, whats app or even google play!
Why? Because almost every site and app is filtered in iran, and 99% of vpns also are blocked too and do not connect, llike openvpn, wiregaurd, or any other protocol u name it…
But they cant block or fliter v2ray and newest version of it; v2rayA. At least not yet
Sucks right? Yes
Now if you don’t stand up against globalism and communism and islamists; which all of them get along very well with each other and support eachother , your country will be the same. And destroyed…
Nationalism is everyone’s success key :key:

1 Like

We were all, once. Welcome to a real router operating system for your hardware… & not what some faceless corp allows you to do with your property. Here, so can make sure you have everything you need backed up before you find yourself needing to do more than what the stock/basic GL or OWRT does:

1 Like

@GreenCat

3130 packages are unneeded. Copy the attached text file to Flint-v2’s /tmp & then run the following fr within the same dir:

for i in $(grep -v "#" luci-extraneous_-_20240205T0722UTC.txt); do opkg remove $i; done && reboot

Check the command is pasted properly before executing. You might want to make a cup of tea or coffee while it’s running. It will reboot when done to ‘clear the air’. Be sure to use a new Incognito/Private Mode browser when logging back in.

luci-extraneous_-_20240205T0722UTC.tar (70 KB)

1 Like

Thank you @bring.fringe18
I will comply them when home
Yep just for people who dont know…
Flint 2 was able to have all the packages and services of Owrt installed and running. And without any slowdowns!
Quite a powerful router!
Glinet rules.
I repeat again; very underrated and low profile brand who many people are not even aware if its existence!
By people i mean people who are into routers and are semi wanna be technicals like me lol…
All this capabilities only people like @bring.fringe18 @solidus1983 @admon and some other open source predators can take advantage of,
Im still going to recommend this router and this brand to my people in my cycle!

2 Likes

HI
Just to confirm do u have a typo here instead .tar u typed .txt…

for i in $(grep -v "#" luci-extraneous_-_20240205T0722UTC.txt); do opkg remove $i; done && reboot

Looks like no packages were removed all 3000+ pckages are still there…
And in command outputs it was all sayind no packages were removed… A lot of them…
Here is 3 pics to help :slight_smile:

Just a random question for the admins, including but not limited to @admon
Who gives and talks in chat support in here in main glinet site?
I remember asking them if i should buy from main site or amazon. They said its same…
I was thinking at first what a abd support and i had to have facebook to talk to them. But them i saw this forum and can say best support forum ive ever seen for a brand’s products
All nice, informative, and good people here. I wish you all the besf.
Speaking of which, i just wrote a review on amazon for flint 2. Since it didnt have any reviews… It should probably come up in public within a day!
Im not sure what happened; everyone suddenly went quiet in here.

Hi again.
Looks like @bring.fringe18 Bring is back.
while we doing this…
I was wondering if its possible to have both stock OWRT and also GL firmware at the same time too?
Lets say GL net on 1.1 and Luci on 8.1 ? Just like before we flashed…
Back then luci was on 1.1 and GL on 8.1

No, you can only run one firmware/operating system at a time on the Flint-v2.

Congratulations on PIA working on your phone using the PIA app. I was under the distinct impression IR had also blocked WG & not just OVPN. This makes things far easier to get you up & running:

The GL firmware for the Flint-v2 supports PIA. Set up for it is even easier when using the GL App to manage your Flint-v2. The problem is you’re currently using ‘pure’ OWRT. There’s also a bunch of cruft/junk files left over fr eariler attempts of getting LuCI up & running.

Short term solution: reflash the Flint-v2 back to GL firmware. Use the U-boot method & image to completely erase the mess that’s is the current state of OWRT/LuCI ATM. Be sure to checksum the U-boot image before attempting to use it. This will get it right back to as if you just took the Flint-v2 out of the box.

Once the GL firmware is back online, use their app to setup PIA. That’ll get you online w/ PIA WG VPN.

All thatt said: the GL firmware should be fine for you until Ayatollah updates the filtering to block WG. You’ll be then right back to the same position that started this thread: looking for an alternate VPN protocol like v2RayA or Shadowsocks.

By that time I should have a fully more fleshed out custom image for the Flint-v2 to run pure/vanilla OWRT+LuCI & include the v2RayA, Shadowsocks, WG dependencies.

Thank you @admon for that link. Thank you @solidus1983 for offering to build custom Flint-v2.

1 Like

thank you for your all efforts and time and help
so we going back to GL firmwre? like day 1? Untill u work more on the fully flashed image to work flawlessly?
If so i go ahead and use the link u sent…
do i ownlaod this? ( stable )

Yeah, use stable.

It’s okay to go back to GL firmware if PIA is working… which it is. Don’t worry, I still have the script saved & would need more time before handing over the dependencies list to @solidus1983 anyway.

There’s no sense in you wasting time for that if PIA WG VPN works. Just be sure to sha256checksum the U-boot image file before flashing via U-boot.

1 Like

thanks yeh. It works… atleats on my linux.
and with system dns resolver… Not PIA dns.
So im assuming i may get some issues getting it conencted with true setting.
i may eed your help again…
I will let you know when flashed

1 Like

Sounds good. I still have the script on hand so we can always flash back to pure OWRT & get LuCI properly installed if need be.

You’re going to be an expert in flashing OWRT images in no time. :laughing:

1 Like

DOne anck back to GL///
Can i use my last backup now?
or maybe it had some bugs? better i set it up again?
i dont see any restore option here…
i guess i need to go to luci?

You’d have to correct me but IIRC the backup was before flashing pure OWRT… so it should be fr when you were still running GL firmware. It should be fine.

Yeah, you need to use LuCI to restore it.

1 Like

And to go to lucy i need to do the reset proccess again right?
i have 2 back up files. one before flashing… .which i did myself… and one after… which u told me to
im uncertain which one to do