VPN Policies Issues

I have set guest networks not to use VPN.
I have set a custom DNS server.

I expect my Android TV connecting with Guest Network will use custom DNS , is it correct?

I have added static route like below to deny access to public DNS. Today I was surprised that even guest network is using VPN :flushed: I came to know when my Android TV was showing me ads on YouTube detecting my VPN IP, though Android TV is on guest network. Not only this my VPN data usage reached to 12Gb.

Then I added Andriod TV MAC in the list not to use VPN, but now my Netflix isn’t working.

Another confusion is the interface of VPN policy rules, see below.

@luochongjun pls have a check.

Hi, realjohny

First, the static route you set is invalid for the policy route.
The MAC address policy you set cannot be applied to the guest network. It is really necessary to connect your TV to the main network

I am also facing the same issue on my device. My Epson printer is not working properly and showing Epson Printer Error 0xf1 error. Do you have any idea to fix this issue?

Thank you for your reply. What would be the correct routine if I want to route all these public or other DNS to router and force all traffic to custom defined DNS only?

If I connect TV with main network I can set it to “not use VPN”?

yes you can. Pls don’t use mixed settings e.g. using guest network and vpn policies at the same time. that could mess up the routing.

What is the version of gl-route-policy?
In the 3.0.35 version, you can do the following configuration.

I actually have exactly the same setting but still either Netflix doesn’t work or gives a proxy error.

I am wondering if all traffic is going through the custom DNS then how come Netflix gets to know this.

While writing this email I connected my TV with ASUS 3200AC with custom DNS and no Netflix error.