Wanna buy Mudi V2 (GL-E750V2). Can you share me your opinion?

Hi. I want to buy Mudi V2 (GL-E750V2). But I have some concerns about it. On some forums wrote that it is overheating or have bad connection to cellular network.

Can you please share me your experience with this device?

I am most interested in:

• Can you comfortably use it for 1080 videos?
  • AdGuard Home. Won’t it overload router?
  • VPN stability
  • Is it overheating?
  • How stable connection to your cellular data?
  • How long battery live after some usage?

Please note that I am talking EXACTLY about V2, NOT V1.

Hi, I can share my experience, but maybe not on all your points.
To me, the boot up is a long wait. From the moment I turn the GL-E750V2 on:

• 1 min 50 sec to boot up
  • 3 min to connect to network with a SIM card
  • more than 3 min 30 sec to fully get internet access

Regarding battery usage, I consider it normal that it takes a fair amount when sharing network, but to my surprise, when I put it in standby mode, I notice the battery drain also.
For example, I left it on standby mode during one night, the evening it was at half and in the morning there was 3% battery left. What I expected from a standby mode was to save battery power the time I don't need connection, but even in standby mode, the cellular network is left on.

This is my use case:
I woke up in the morning, I go to work and turn on the GL-E750V2 device, so I can share the 4G/Wifi connection to my smartphone and laptop during the commute time. When I arrive at work, I put it on standby mode until I leave the office, so I put it on again to share connection on my way home. Then at home I turn it off.
But as I said, because of the battery drain, it's preferable I turn it ON only during commute and then OFF, to save on battery. So I need to anticipate and turn it on 3.5 minutes before I need connection on the go. That's a bit crazy to me, and hope it can be improved.

2 Likes