Hello. I have my GL-AR300M connected to an iPhone tether (via USB) and a wireless hotspot. Is there a way for me to use both of these simultaneously? It automatically fails over from WWAN to TETHER, but I’m wondering if I can use both at the same time.
For example, can I route certain traffic to go over my TETHER, and the the remaining traffic to go over the WWAN?
At least, gl-inet firmware 3.105 currently has no easy way to do that.
1.WAN > 2.WWAN > 3.TETHER tends to be prioritized and bloody hard to use together.
It has been suggested that such a feature exists in the mwan3 module, but the situation is ambiguous because it is a fairly old module.
Also, it may be preferable to set up with vanilla OpenWRT firmware for such settings.
Notes to someone
- I learned that there are cases where Hotplug forces netifd to be set. I found it:
- mwan3 module is that realizes each function by manipulating standard settings well, without directly involved with communication
- So it easily overwrites the mwan3 settings.
- There may be modules and events that are actively rewriting network settings apart from mwan3
- In this case, it also explains weirdy behavior about Metric