What USB LAN adapters work with Brume 2?

Hi,
I have 3 different USB LAN adapters, they’re all 10/100 devices but on the rare occasions an extra port would be helpful that would be fine for me, I tried plugging all these in to Brume 2 though and none were recognised. I’d rather not buy yet more of these devices so would be great if there was a way to get one of these working (ideally USB\VID_0B95&PID_772B), do I need to install a package or something or do these have no chance of working? Would be really nice if could be supported by default.

When connected to Windows they show as below hardware IDs:

1. USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700&REV_0101
  2. USB\VID_0B95&PID_772B&REV_0002
  3. USB\VID_0B95&PID_7720&REV_0001

Thanks

You’re looking for packages in the kmod-usb-net section. Looks like the one you care about is an asix adapter, so maybe start with kmod-usb-net-asix.

1 Like

OK thanks, I’ll have a look when I get some free time, I was expecting it would at least support a few out of the box and given the age and popularity of these chipsets I was expecting at least one of these would be within that.

Given resource constraints, OpenWrt builds generally don’t include any drivers they don’t need. Ideally the only things that work out of the box are the things in the box.

Realtek chipsets are pretty common in USB Ethernet adapters. I have 3 old adapters accumulated over the years and, after installing the kmod-usb-net-rtl8152 package, all 3 were recognized as WAN Tethering devices:

• Linksys USB3GIG (1Gbps Ethernet)
  • TP-Link UE300 (1Gbps Ethernet+3-port hub)
  • Generic 10/100 adapter

You have to do additional configuration to get an extra LAN port.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Its got core packages installed I am play with my ALFA AUE2500C.(need to install RTL8150 Kmod-usb-net-rtl8150 package) When I plugged it in it recognized it as a USB eth2 and just needed to be set up as a device and interface.