Where is I2P( Invisible Internet Project )?

Hello . It would be great if tty appeared in the settings. If we talk about the anonymization of traffic, then this is definitely not tor)) since there are hundreds of cases of deanonymization, especially according to the scheme that we offer gl.inet))

A more reliable option is decentralized P2P -I2P !

2 Likes

There is an i2pd plug-in available for installation, however I don’t see it exposed in the user interface after installing. Running a Brume with latest snapshot firmware. Have you tried the plug-in on your hardware?

@sethf Hello . Thanks for the answer . Actually I would like it to be in the menu by default I2P since TOR doesn’t work so being anonymous is unfortunately a publicity stunt. (my opinion) Yes, you are right in I2PD there is OpenWRT that can be installed [OpenWrt Wiki] package: i2pd

I figured it out. Install the i2pd package. Then log in via ssh and edit /etc/i2pd/i2pd.conf to enable the web interface, like so:

[http]
## Web Console settings
## Enable the Web Console (default: true)
enabled = true
## Address and port service will listen on (default: 127.0.0.1:7070)
address = [router ip address]
port = 7070

Then restart the service
/etc/init.d/i2pd restart

2 Likes

What scheme precisely are you referring to?
And “hundreds” of deanonymization attacks through Tor isn’t that bad considering that 1 vulnerability in I2P could have exposed 30,000 users.
The inclusion of I2P in a Tor configured OS was also something which made users at risk despite Tor being fine at the time.

The zero-day is in the Invisible Internet Project, or I2P, networking component that comes bundled with Tails to encrypt web traffic and hide a user’s real IP address. The 30,000 I2P users who previously felt anonymous could be unmasked, their true IP address revealed, by visiting a booby-trapped website.
Exodus explained, “The I2P vulnerability works on default, fully patched installation of Tails. No settings or configurations need to be changed for the exploit to work.” Although Tails 1.1 was released this week and closed numerous security holes, Exodus included a short video showing how to exploit I2P, even on Tails 1.1, and reveal a Tails user’s real IP address in less than two minutes. The company plans to reveal technical details of the vulnerability after the flaws in I2P are patched and pushed through to Tails.

Other than that most Tor deanonymizations come from people leaving JavaScript on which can make GET requests outside of Tor Network.

@GrannySmasher Hello . Why use proprietary Tails?)) There are free alternatives!
When you or a developer use closed code, you are always under the threat of de-anonymization!
All libre distributions are here List of Free GNU/Linux Distributions - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation or here Incoming distros - LibrePlanet

@sethf Hello. Thank you for your answer . Please tell me, after a successful connection, did you try to log in to I2P? Is everything working correctly?

Well, if by ‘log in to I2p’ you mean ‘connect to and load an I2P web site’, the answer is 'yes. I was also able to use IRC and XMPP services over I2P and the HTTP Proxy running on my routers LAN interface, tcp port 4444.

1 Like

Anonimity also relates to fingerprint and obscure systems will be more easily tracked than a more common security/privacy OS like TAILS and Whonix. Most Linux distro’s are open source so can be audited if need be, you can’t audit the proprietary code in the CPU though so its all a bit of a moot point