Which mode for this purpose

What I would like to do with the AR-150 is to plug in my Netgear Explore ATT cellular hotspot/modem/router and use that for the internet connection. Then I want to plug the LAN port into my Linksys 5 port switch thus giving me internet to the 2 desktops I have hooked up to the switch with a network storage device as well.

My question is what is the best mode to use on the ar-150? Would it be bridged, repeater, or what? Or will it automatically pick the right one and just work?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your cool travel routers!

You need to use both the ports as LAN.

You need to set up “Wired bridge” then move the switch to the right side.

Looks like I forgot to mention my hotspot/router modem is USB, so it needs to plug into the usb port.Is that going to make a difference in the procedure??

No difference. Please try.

Thanks, I will, soon as your router gets here, in a few more days…

Ok. I got my AR-150, and finally got it to work. I had to set it up under tethering instead of 3g/4g which was a bit surprising as others using the same Netgear Explore hotspot have been able to use the 3g/4g tab to set it up. It just wouldn’t recognize I had anything plugged into the usb port.

Anyway, it’s working, and I put it in wired bridge mode and moved the switch to the right as @alzhao suggested. Works when a computer is plugged into the LAN port, and when my Linksys switch is plugged in as well.

However, it’s still using DHCP from the ar-150, meaning my 2 desktops and the nas I have hooked to my switch are pulling ip’s from the ar-150 subnet, not my hotspot/router. So far it hasn’t been an issue, but it seems to me that is not truly in bridge mode.

So I suppose those are two separate issues that I have worked around but seems like I shouldn’t have to work around either of them. Anything I’ve missed, messed up, or just not done right?

Unfortunately the router doesn’t bridge to modem. If you set up wired bridge it only bridge the two port and WiFi.

ok, thanks for the info. Still a nifty little device.