Which plugin do I need for the GL-MT300N-V2 to detect my Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter wifi dongle?

My goal is to set up a 5 GHz Wifi using the Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter.

Depends on what chipset the dongle use. If you use some old 8187 or 3070 chipset, you can search these works in the plugin.

It may not be easy for MT300N-V2.

I am using a Realtek RTL8192CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter.

Can you find anything “8192” in the repo?

I never work with this chipset.

Try installing the kmod-rtl8192cu package.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

Does it work as a replacement for the router’s wifi or is it used to receive wifi signals for the router to forward to lan and/or repeat it as a range extender?

I also found the option to ssh into the router, yet the amount of commands is very limited(no lsusb for instance)

Alright, I installed it with opkg install kmod-rtl8192cu, what now? How do I have to wire it for it to create a hotspot using the RTL8192CU?

If the USB wifi adapter is detected and working, then it should show up on the Admin Panel → Wireless page. You can configure the GL-MT300N-V2 as a Repeater by following the documentation:

If the correct module is installed, after you reboot the router, the config should be write in /etc/config/wireless. You may be able to config via luci (if you install luci).

After reboot I cannot login, 192.168.8.1 is not found.

Can you still be able to ssh to the router?