Why does AGH take so much fuggin memory?

When you created account and setup server and client (router device) then copy 3 address tls, quic, https in your AdGuard Home upstream.

I adguard dns server you can turn on Parent control and you will see a lot of services.

Block list you can manage finish filter list

Even you want more save RAM - just turn of adguard home and turn on normal dns then fill adguard dns server

2 Likes

AGDNS (paid version) can block different services, you can enable it without touching block lists.

1 Like

Really? I did not know free account has limited things that paid version. I thought paid version only increase request per month.
Yes, I paid Adguard VPN then gave me free paid Adguard DNS

Also I can’t import filters, just manual to make a list.
1000 lists

1 Like

Not sure about the free one, I only use paid.

1 Like

I enabled parental control and added the no Google list, checked the manage services option and it still had YouTube unticked meaning it thinks its not going to block YouTube but in actuality it is.

Humble brag.

The no google list will contain YT - so it gets blocked.

1 Like

I know and that is the issue, it won’t let me import a custom verson of no Google containing everything except YouTube.

True.

But as I said: Blocking Google but not YT isn’t useful anyway. Google can still track you. And there are plenty of tricks to get around DNS blocking.

So I would not trust in that anyway. :smile:

1 Like

They would only have one vector to reach me and they can now get connections from the device and to the device, if I only allowed YT then system level stuff won’t get sneaked through YT.

If they do a call by IP your blocker won’t help.

1 Like

I honestly hate all technology ever.

But I use VPN IP?
20 words

I preordered the Flint 2 at around $129 due in part to this very reason. I barely even cross 40% CPU or RAM usage at any given time now.

That’s probably because the Flint 2 has 16x more RAM than the Flint AX lol.

1 Like

yes and can make unblock list in user rules but dificult which domain to unblock, so just focus in Query log

yes, it is :slight_smile:
Actually my CPU usage is 1% and RAM usage is 50%
No VPN yet, waiting for Adguard VPN with WireGuard.
Adguard home with 25 lists filters

It’s located within the user rules, when you create a new one.

1 Like

Just found it now thanks! When it comes to forwarding from AGDNS to VPN DNS am I supposed to put the DNS IP in “allowed clients” on the access settings tab?

Just leave everything as it is and use AGH (without filtering) as a relay to AGDNS.

1 Like

But won’t that still take the same amount of memory?