Why lose the WiFi relay sensitivity day by day? (GL-MT300N-V2 Mango)

Hello.

I am using GL-MT300N-V2 Mango. I’m using a WiFi relay, but the sensitivity of searching for APs every day is slightly reduced.

Eventually, it reached the point where the AP search was not able to search smoothly.

I reset this device and tried to connect to 10 different APs, but I couldn’t recover the sensitivity.

Can I find the cause of the problem? Is it solved by software or should I try a chemical (e.g. electrical contact cleaner)?

What is it like now?

It cannot scan APs?

It works not. My router has a problem retrieving APs. Even if there is a discovered AP, my router does not connect to an AP.

Firmware upgrades previously corrected this problem to some extent, but now it continues to fail no matter what.

Can you find out the channel and encryption of your wifi?

Then when this failed, can you ssh to the router and get the system log using command “logread”?

logread-20221021.zip (14.9 KB)

This is the log in my router. Thank you.

In the log it shows cannot connect to “draem_G”.

Thu Oct 20 12:01:12 2022 daemon.info apcli[29601]: scanning...
Thu Oct 20 12:01:17 2022 daemon.warn apcli[29601]: not found ap(draem_G)...re-scan in 60s

But when I found that your other ssid is “dream_B”, I start to think you mean just mis-spelled it.

No. it is not misspelled. It is actually named “draem_G”… (Maybe it’s a building owner’s mistake.)

Anyway, Yesterday I investigated this issue using another manufacturer’s router.

I got a hint from the fact that this issue mainly occurred in the building with the guest house. This issue was occurring regardless of region.

The reason is unknown, but DHCP at the parent AP was not working properly for routers with WiFi repeater features. So I was able to set it manually by referring to the gateway and subnet mask information on my Windows PC.

It seems to me that if the DHCP on the parent AP is broken, there is no way to manually set it up in my router (Mango). The log on my router says it is connected, but the web console says it is not connected, so I can’t set anything up.

And is there a way to debug AP that is not found on my router? My WiFi analyzer says the AP has a very strong signal.

Can you find out what channel the “draem_G” is using?

Sorry, “draem_G” is dead and cannot be tested.

But there are other access points that can reproduce the problem. For now, I temporarily activated another manufacturer’s router.

I will attach the channel information here as soon as I find it.