Wi-Fi 6 Travel Router (GL-AXT1800) is Coming Soon!

Thanks for the log info

No problem. We need to all try to figure out how to create a driver for the GL-AXT1800. Im reaching out to people that are tec swavy. Explaining what happened to EasyTether, & the mobile streams team. Gonna stay on top of it no matter what.

1 Like

How much are you you willing to pay for this to happen? The amount of effort to do what youā€™re talking about in this thread is probably dozens of hours of work, at least. Whatā€™s so special about this program that it requires a custom compiled third party driver? ā€œAnything can be doneā€¦ā€ you say above. Thatā€™s generally true if youā€™re willing to put enough resources behind it. But if youā€™re expecting random strangers to figure out how to build a driver for a project they donā€™t have any use for with no incentive to do so, youā€™re going to be waiting a very long time.

Yea thats true, but you never know, sometimes its the challenge that makes a person want to do something above the normal. I do it all the time with different things. Its when someone says; It Cant Be Done, & you take it to the next level to prove it can. Lol, think about all the stuff you see now. 5G, Wifi 6, tracking devices that work without satellites. & so on. Suppose they stopped at 3G? To me, its nothing but a challenge. I set my Brother up with the Linksys WRT1900acs v2 Router in his Yacht that works with his cell phone using EasyTether. Heā€™s a retired narcotics cop, so he never believes nothing unless he seeā€™s it happen his self. Breezy Point Yacht Club, in Amityville Long Island. His friends all wanted the same set up too after that. Remember when people use to root there phones? You had to wait for someone to come up with the way to be able to do it or not. To me itā€™s the same thing now. Moneyā€™s never been an issue for me, youā€™d be surprised how much money I would pay if someone was actually able to make an EasyTether Driver that worked for the GL-AXT1800. I would say, name a price. Thats jus me. To boldly go with no man has gone beforeā€¦:blush:

Iā€™ve successfully installed the EasyTether Driver on the WRT1900ac, WRT1900acs, WRT3200acs, GL-750s, GL-MT1300, & the GL-SFT1200. They all work flawlessly. I also found out that when you use a 5G phone on these routers using EasyTether the mbps is actually faster then a 4G phone. I would have never found that out unless I didnā€™t experiment with the two different phones. Thatā€™s why I say, why stop there? I bring this topic up to a couple of different Techs that I know. Whoā€™s to say that one of these days one of those guys might say, Iā€™m going to try to do it, & make it happen. If you think about it, thatā€™s why weā€™re all here right now, speaking on different topics to go Above & Beyond The Rimā€¦:blush:

Moneyā€™s never been an issue for me, youā€™d be surprised how much money I would pay if someone was actually able to make an EasyTether Driver that worked for the GL-AXT1800.

Surprise me.

Lol. Name a price Brotherā€¦ What ever I pay to have that one of kind setup would be worth it to meā€¦ {NAME YOUR PRICE} If that EasyTether Driver works after I install it, & run the proper command prompts on the GL-AXT1800, Iā€™ll pay directly with my card, or through PayPalā€¦The Balls in your Courtā€¦:sunglasses:

Im really hoping that after the GL-MT3000 comes out, & I buy it, when I go into System Status, Iā€™ll see a matching ipq in the Target Platform that will work with the EasyTether Driver. If I dont see anything, Iā€™ll just hold on to it just like Iā€™m holding on to the GL-AXT1800, until someone steps up to the plate & makes it happenā€¦:sunglasses:

I just took a quick look and itā€™s far worse than I thought. Totally closed source, so you canā€™t really work on it even if you want to. Youā€™re not going to get a closed source driver like that working on a platform like the AXT1800 that is already weirdly compiled for not-quite-the-right-architecture.

Itā€™s pretty easy to get it working on the Slate Plus though. All in all, if there arenā€™t any other releases your options on future hardware are going to diminish to zero pretty quickly.

Jus seeing this. Im hoping that the newly coming GL-MT3000 may be the next Runners up. Lol. Iā€™m going to cross my fingers. The only other thing I can think of is to actually try to hunt down those guys at least one of those guys from the mobile stream teamā€¦:sunglasses:

You might be able to get the generic aarch64 image to work on it, but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath. Not sure anybody has a feel for what the final product will be like given that we canā€™t compile images for it yet, and nobody who has one (if anybody does) is talking.

But at the end of the day, if itā€™s really that important to you Iā€™d try to convince them to open source it. Otherwise youā€™re stuck with whatever they shoved out the door three years ago.

Your absolutely right. I went to a few different links that do a lot of different open source things but when I begin explaining what Iā€™m trying to do they kind of get lost with it. Lol.

I found a Tethering application that you can use on your Android Phone to run this router at high mbp speeds. I would say that itā€™s similar to Easy Tether, but with this application thereā€™s no need to install a driver on the router to detect your Android phone. The application can be purchased on the Google Play Store, itā€™s called {VPN Hotspot by my God Studio} Your Android phone must be rooted. I know this may sound like something outdated but you can get an Android phone rooted. Iā€™m using a Samsung S9+ just for this purpose. Samsung allows you to root some of their phones by paying a token to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader on your phone is unlocked you will be able to root your phone. There are different methods, you can actually go online to figure out what method will be for your particular phone. It works great, but if your phone is not rooted the application will not work.

I found a Tethering application that you can use on your Android Phone to run this router at high mbp speeds. I would say that itā€™s similar to Easy Tether, but with this application thereā€™s no need to install a driver on the router to detect your Android phone. The application can be purchased on the Google Play Store, itā€™s called {VPN Hotspot by my God Studio} Your Android phone must be rooted. I know this may sound like something outdated but you can get an Android phone rooted. Iā€™m using a Samsung S9+ just for this purpose. Samsung allows you to root some of their phones by paying a token to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader on your phone is unlocked you will be able to root your phone. There are different methods, you can actually go online to figure out what method will be for your particular phone. It works great, but if your phone is not rooted the application will not work. Try it. It actually works pretty good

1 Like