Will there be a new version of Flint beta firmware soon?

The current beta of Flint is already more than 1 month old. Will there be a new version soon?

2 Likes

The firmware download center is kinda outdated, check their github for the latest releases:

3 Likes

how do you instal this? luci is freezing when uploading the firmware 30 ish % each time and not even getting to instal and normal GUI is throwing up error ā€˜ā€˜incorrect firmware formatā€™ā€™ for openwrt-imagebuilder-ipq807x-ipq60xx.Linux-x86_64

and

axt1800_glinet_ipk

upload successful

Testing the firmware with sysupgrade failed.

luci wont upgrade with theser files

iused Uboot with both and still in firmware 4.0.0 R2

Which file did you download to upgrade to 4.0.1 beta 1?

This file should be the one: https://github.com/gl-inet/gl-infra-builder/releases/download/v4.0.1_beta1/ax1800.tar.gz

When you unzip and untar it you will see a directory named ā€œoutputā€, there are 3 files inside the directory and choose ā€œtarā€ file to ā€œUpgradeā€ and ā€œimgā€ file to do ā€œUBootā€.

3 Likes

You indeed need to extract the files first.

You can flash the images through the gl panel or uboot. You canā€™t keep settings.

Use sysupgrade image in gl panel
Use factory image for uboot.

~edit: Sorry, just saw cafebugā€™s messagešŸ˜„ What they said.

2 Likes

Plus I also want to recommend urgly if you come from version 3.xx to make a backup first and then download both factory image and the upgrade in that zip and use the factory image first via uboot without saving settings, you can copy manual config files via that backup file inside folder /etc/config/ which you made in luci, note that the network config might fail because things have changed since the dsa implementation of openwrt.

I have had alot of bricking when I was migrating from 3.x to 4.x and back, this is purely because its using a different kernel, if you already had 4.x flashed then you probably would be fine using the normal upgrade method. :+1:

thank you very much :slight_smile: silly me :):slight_smile:

1 Like

this is amazing thank you :):slight_smile:

2 Likes