Wireguard buffering problems with GL-AR750S

Hi,
I just thought I would let you know I am now 99% sure that when running wireguard my iptv’s buffering problems lies with the GL-AR750S!
I have now tested wireguard on 2 Nvidia shields and two GL-MT300N-V2 and all work flawlessly with Wireguard,
Even after two factor resets and a beta firmware update the 750s still buffers when running wireguard​:sob::sob::sob::sob:
I hope you can look into this and help to find a fix
Steve Reed

Can you post your setup?

Are you using repeater, 2.4G or 5G

I had issues with my AR750 and Wireguard, but I thought it was the server of choice. I used a different server and provider with the AR150, and the performance is much better. I didn’t think to cross test the routers with the same servers. I guess that’s something I’ll start doing.

Hi
Thanks for your reply,
First I’m still having the IPTV buffering problem and stopping, so I returned my original GL-AR750S as I was hoping it was faulty but having received a new one today I’m still having the same problem​:sob::sob::sob::sob: I am using the GL-AR750S as a hard wired wireguard router add-on as it runs from my TPlink main route.
I can’t understand why the 750s works buffer free on IPTV when running WiFi 2.4/5 and my two GL-MT300N work fantastic hard wired streaming the IPTV in my other rooms but as soon as you plug the ethernets into the back and hard wire the 750S the buffering starts.
Hope you can help thanks
Steve

Do you mean that only Ethernet will buffer but on wifi it will not? Can you confirm?

Hi,
Yes once you plug in the ethernet to the 750s from my Nvidia shield it buffers when streaming live TV but if you are running it through wifi it runs fine.

Could it be an MTU problem? See https://forum.gl-inet.com/t/gl-ar750s-ext-mtu-fix-for-wireguard/4679.

Hi,
I would be happy to try it but I’m not sure how to do the fix!!!
Steve

@r3ed0
Login admin web page, go to MORE SETTINGS → advanced → Network → Firewall. Check MSS clamping option.

Hi,
Is this how it should look? Thanks😁
Screenshot_Chrome_20190105-101745|281x500

Hi
I have just ticked the mss clamping option but it still hasn’t fixed the buffering issue on live IPTV when the Nvidia shield is hard wired.
Steve

Did you click on Save & Apply button on bottom right when you ticked “mss clamping”?

Hi,
Yes I pushed save & apply but still it buffers when hard wired.

Hi,
Would it be worth me checking and copying all the luCI setting from my MT-300N to my AR-750S as my 300N’s don’t have a problem with buffering my IPTV live channels when hard wired?
The AR-750s will still only run the iptv channels buffer free if I am running my Nvidia Shield on WiFi!
Thanks
Steve