Wireguard doesn't even connect, I do not know where to go from here

I’ve tried many things but sadly I cannot figure out what the issue is, I cannot seem connect to my wireguard server from my GL-MT300N-V2 Mango when I am travelling. I do am able to connect to my wireguard server from my android phone or laptop when I connect to the tethering from my phone.

When I tether to my Mango and connect the laptop to the Mango and enable the Wireguard client within the Mango I see the endless waiting state with a Latest handshake: Never.

these are all the settings I could validate, am I missing something? most settings are still factory default.

Home network    -    Internet    -    Travel location
Wireguard server         ☁            GL-MT300N-V2 <- Laptop

I couldn’t upload images as I am too new to the forum so I’ve posted all to Imgur

Very oddly the traceroute to my Wireguard server fails when I use my domain or IP(VPN is not active, only tethering), I do am able to access the server via the domain within a browser. Could this be something with the provider?

traceroute ******.*** -p 51280
traceroute to ******.*** (***.***.***.**), 30 hops max, 38 byte packets
 1  192.168.***.*** (192.168.***.***)  1.718 ms  1.277 ms  1.649 ms
 2  *  *  *
 3  145.54.***.*** (145.54.***.***)  36.710 ms  38.067 ms  39.918 ms
 4  145.54.***.*** (145.54.***.***)  40.563 ms  45.627 ms  31.118 ms
 5  *  *  *
 6  *  *  *
 7  *  *  *
 8  *  *  *
 9  *  *  *
10  *  *  *
11  *  *  *
12  *  *  *
13  *  *  *
14  *  *  *
15  *  *  *
16  *  *  *
17  *  *  *
18  *  *  *
19  *  *  *
20  *  *  *
21  *  *  *
22  *  *  *
23  *  *  *
24  *  *  *
25  *  *  *
26  *  *  *
27  *  *  *
28  *  *  *
29  *  *  *
30  *  *  *

When I have my phone tethering to the Mango and I connect with my laptop to the Mango and initiate a wireguard connection from my laptop it also doesn’t work. Something within the Mango is blocking me from using wireguard.

If I stop the firewall via ssh using service firewall stop it has no effect.

If I use OpenVPN it works accordingly without any issues, I’d love to use wireguard instead though.

Please run ifconfig on Mango to see if there’s any conflict IP between tethering and LAN/WAN.

Run this to allow any traffic on openwrt:

cp /etc/config/firewall /root/
sed -i 's/REJECT/ACCEPT/g' /etc/config/firewall
sed -i 's/DROP/ACCEPT/g' /etc/config/firewall
/etc/init.d/firewall reload

Revert the firewall change;

cp /root/firewall /etc/config/firewall
/etc/init.d/firewall reload