WireGuard doesn't work AR750S

Although I have correctly set up my wireguard server on my Ar570s device, the wireguard network congests the network on both windows and android, it is practically unusable, I wonder if you too once imported the configuration you wireguard client the traffic goes in bulk?

I also opened port 51820 but as soon as I paste the configuration into the Windows 7 wireguard client the whole network is congested:

Try this version openwrt-ar750s-3.025.img if you don’t need the newest goodcloud features, this release was / is almost bug-free.

Can you give more info about your wireguard server setup?

If you set up wireguard server on AR750s, you do not need to set up portfoward on the same AR750s. So seems there are some basic setup not clear.

My intent is to create a wireguard VPN on my Ar750s-etx server.
My devices are:

• Ar570s firmware 3.101
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (wireguard client)

To do all this I started the wireguard server and created the configuration file, I subsequently imported the file on my tablet device via QRcode:

The traffic on my android tablet is congested immediately without having the ability to browse.

[Interface]
Address = 10.0.0.2/32
ListenPort = 42934
PrivateKey = xxxxxx
DNS = 64.6.64.6

[Peer]
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = xxxxxxxxxx: 51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25
PublicKey = xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to make it clear, if you start the wireguard server on AR750s, you may need to make a port forward on your main router. Have you tried that?

my main router is the VODAFONE STATION to which I have forwarded the 51820 without results.

my ar750s device is configured as a router and is connected to the vodafone router via lan.

Making port forward in your Vodafone 51820 should be the correct way.

One more thing, when you connect to your Wireguard server on your phone, do not connect to the AR750s which is the server itself. Use your carrier data.

sorry I don’t understand, on the phone I have the wireguard client to which I pasted the generated .config file that I posted previously.

Port forwarding 51820 on the vodafone station has been carried out but the connection is still congested.

Can you pm a config to try?

this is the configuration that I pasted on the wireguard client (mobile):
[Interface]
Address = 10.0.0.2/32
ListenPort = 42934
PrivateKey = xxxxxx
DNS = 64.6.64.6

[Peer]
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0
Endpoint = xxxxxxxxxx: 51820
PersistentKeepalive = 25
PublicKey = xxxxxxxxxxxx

Alfie wants you to try to connect to your wireguard server from outside your vodafone station.

You need to find your public IP address and connect to that with your wireguard client. Don’t try to connect to the AR750s IP inside the same lan.

Find your IP here: https://www.whatsmyip.org/

Put that in your phone wireguard configuration as the Endpoint address and try.

It is possible that you will not be able to connect in that way if Vodafone does not supply a public IP for you. That is not a GL router issue, it’s just how 4G carriers work, so please try that.

Ok, something would seem work now, I have set port forwarding 51820 differently in my vodafone station router and the WireGuardNotebook with W7 x64 now keeps the connection well and remains stable without blocking, the problem remains now on the Android device with which I cannot access to the network by going into congestion immediately.

• WireGuardNotebook 10.0.0.3
  • WireGuardAndroid 10.0.0.2

I wonder is it not possible to keep two devices connected on the same network?

I tried to connect my Android device with WireGuard both in LTE and Wifi mode, in both cases the network goes into congestion with ANDROID

What android app are you trying to use? I would recommend the TunSafe VPN app, it has wireguard support.

I swear I’ve never seen a device so full of bugs, I had left the wireguard server working, I had forgotten the auto upgrade option active and on my return home everything stops working, now if I try to open the configuration file I receive the following error: "warning: no internet!

the application I use for android is the official one of wireguard.

can anyone use wireguard without experiencing my problems?

I hope with this post to be able to give a quick solution to those who have had my same problem. I state that the AR750S device is still unreliable for now but with some tricks you can manage to make it work.

• I solved ALL connection, congestion and APP problems, first of all doing a factory reset and blocking automatic firmware updates;

• I removed the official APP of the WireGuard Team on Android and installed TuneSafe Vpn, excellent unlimited free APP if you use your own .config file (QRCode);

With these measures I can finally have 2 (two) devices connected to the Wireguard network both in 3g / Lte and Wifi Adsl without blocks and problems.

Thanks to those who collaborated in a small part to my problem.

I hope with this post to be able to give a quick solution to those who have had my same problem. I state that the AR750S device is still unreliable for now but with some tricks you can manage to make it work.

• I solved ALL connection, congestion and APP problems, first of all doing a factory reset and blocking automatic firmware updates;

• I removed the official APP of the WireGuard Team on Android and installed TuneSafe Vpn, excellent unlimited free APP if you use your own .config file (QRCode);

With these measures I can finally have 2 (two) devices connected to the Wireguard network both in 3g / Lte and Wifi Adsl without blocks and problems.

Thanks to those who collaborated in a small part to my problem.

The cost of 91.00 euros for such an unstable device is in my opinion a bit high.