Wireguard server not setup properly- AX1800

Can someone please help with the setup for my wireguard sever? After following all the setups related to enabling the DDNS in applications and enabling the wireguard server I am still receiving the error message.

When trying to connect the client with the config file it gets stuck at connecting and does not respond. I believe I made a mistake at setting up the server.

Mon May 20 02:37:49 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wgserver' is now down
Mon May 20 02:37:54 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wgserver' is setting up now
Mon May 20 02:37:54 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Interface 'wgserver' is now up
Mon May 20 02:37:54 2024 daemon.notice netifd: Network device 'wgserver' link is up
Mon May 20 02:37:54 2024 kern.info kernel: [22600.114404] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wgserver: link is not ready
Mon May 20 02:37:55 2024 user.notice firewall: Reloading firewall due to ifup of wgserver (wgserver)

Pls send screenshots:

1. Main router WAN status, showing it does has public IP address.
  2. Main router's port forward settings
  3. GL.iNet router's wan status, showing its WAN IP, which need to match the port forward settings above
  4. GL.iNet router's Wireguard server status
1 Like

Thanks for the reply @alzhao . I have attached the screenshots below. The firmware I am currently using is v4.5.16 and it's a GL-AXT1800.

I have attached the screenshot in the link here [link removed] since I am a new user.

Everything seems correct.

Are you testing on another network? Pls don't test when connected to the server network directly.

If still does not work, pls message me a working wireguared config to try.

2 Likes

Hey @remoteWorker :wave:

I created a guide on how to troubleshoot WireGuard - maybe it could help you: How to troubleshoot WireGuard

1 Like

Hello Admon,

Thanks for sharing this. I went through all the steps but couldn't resolve the issue. I am not sure what exactly is causing the client not to connect to my server...

I tried connecting it from the mobile Wireguard client app but it's stuck in a handshake initiation loop. I am using the mobile data for the client and my home internet as the server.

Regarding the config file, Where can I share them? Since it contains private and public key.

Thanks!

I promoted your user level so you can send @alzhao a PM.

1 Like

Solved the issue via remote check.

The port forward settings has some issues. Like below, external IP address should be where you can connect. So it should be 0.0.0.0 if you want to connect anywhere. It was filled with the WAN IP, which is wrong.

But as the info sent previously, it was filled with 0.0.0.0. The reason cannot connect before could come from somewhere else. But now everything is just correct.