Wireguard site to site MT300N and Draytek Router

Hi Guys,

I need a LAN to LAN (or site to site) connection between a MT300N (costumer site) and my Draytek Router in my office.

The Costumer only has a so called DS-Lite WAN connection - it‘s not a reachable Public IPv4.

That’s the reason why the MT300N has to work as the Wireguard Client and my Draytek Router as the Wireguard Server.

It‘s also important for me to reach all the IP-Devices on the costumer site (behind the MT300N)

Will this be possible with the MT300N?

I have already made successfully a „Dial IN Wireguard connection“ between the MT300N and my Draytek but in this case it‘s not possible to reach the IP-Devices on the costumer site (behind the MT300N).

Do you have any suggestions for me please?

Regards Bastian

Surely you can set router in your Draytek and MT300N-V2 to achieve this but it may be complicated.

How about doing this:

use two MT300N-V2, on is behind your Draytek router. Set up port forward on your Draytek 51830 to the MT300N-V2.

Then use our Goodcloud to manage two the MT300N-V2 S2S setup and set up router.

1 Like

Hi. I have a Slate AX travel router, Opal Wireguard Server, Linksys Velop router connected to a Dreytek Vigor2866 modem router in bridged mode. Previously setup with another brand of VDSL2 router also in bridged mode. I have also done the port forwarding (51820) and all that. I have already setup DDNS and everything used to work with the old modem in bridge mode. Now that I have this new DrayTek modem, my DDNS doesn’t seem to connect and I’m getting the feeling that my new modem is blocking it and my Slate AX could not remotely connect to the Opal VPN Server. Does anyone know how to allow DDNS to connect?

So you only changed the VDSL router, not the Linksys router right?

So suppose nothing need to change for the port forward etc.

Have to make sure if the ddns is still working. You can check if the ddns matches your public IP first?

The ddns should work regardless of which router you use.