Wireguard - Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

Hello,
I am trying to connect to a Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS configured as a Wireguard server.

The Wireguard Windows 10 client works perfectly.

I tried everything to connect to the server with GL-MT300N-V2, but the connection doesn’t run.

Can anyone help me with this case?

I’m running Ubuntu 20.04.2 as my Wireguard server with several GL iNet clients that are running a mixture of 3.10x and 3.201 firmware that are working along with Windows and Android Wireguard clients, so it should be able to work for you.

Without seeing the Wireguard config files from both your Ubuntu Wireguard server and your GL iNet client, it is going to be really hard to tell you what is wrong (make sure to remove any private info, such as keys, before posting to this forum). Also, is your Ubuntu server a physical server or a cloud server. Is your server on a local address or an external IP address? Lastly, can you ssh into your GL-MT300N-V2 and then from the GL-MT300N-V2 ssh into your Ubuntu server, just to make sure the GL-MT300N-V2 and your Ubuntu server can communicate?

Really thanks for the answer… I am almost getting mad :smiley:
SERVER:

!

ROUTER

That part of the info but it would be nice to have all of it. How about on the Ubuntu system, post the output of:

cat /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf

and on the GL-MT300N-V2

cat /etc/config/wireguard

Did you upgrade to 3.201, and if you upgraded, did you keep your config? I am noticing your Allowed IP on the router do not have a v6 address. Mine look like:
0.0.0.0/0,::/0

Did you try the ssh test from the router to your Ubuntu server?

My Ubuntu configuration:

[Interface]
Address = 10.8.0.1/16
DNS = 8.8.8.8
SaveConfig = true
ListenPort = 51820
PrivateKey = --------------------------------------------------
PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ens160 -j MASQUERADE
PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i %i -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o ens160 -j MASQUERADE

ON the GL-MT300N-V2

config proxy
option access ‘DROP’
option main_server ‘Enere’
option host ‘195.231.79.73’
option enable ‘0’

config peers ‘wg_peer_2431’
option name ‘Enere’
option listen_port ‘13985’
option private_key ‘------------------------’
option end_point ‘195.231.79.73:51820’
option public_key ‘THE_PUBLIC_KEY_ON_UBUNTU_SERVER’
option persistent_keepalive ‘25’
option address ‘10.8.0.2’
option allowed_ips ‘0.0.0.0/0,::/0’

I changed as suggestion the Allows/IP, but it didn’t impact.

Also, I upgrade the FW to last one.

From GL-MT300N-V2 I can ping public server IP - but not the 10.8.0.1.
The VPN status remain orange

So there are no peer entries in your /etc/wireguard/wg0.conf file?
With what you have posted, nothing is jumping out as an issue. There are several post posts of issues with wireguard not working after the 3.201 upgrade if you kept your config. I would clear the config on the router, reconfigure it, and try it again.