WireGuard VPN speed

Hello,

I am using a Velica GL-B2200.

When using wireguard my internet speed averages on 200/50. (Both wired & wireless).

My normal speed is 1000/50. (Our provider doesn’t provide higher upload speeds).

Is there a way to increase the internet speed while using wireguard, or is the current speed to be expected?

Thanks for your time in advance :slight_smile:

You are at the maximum Wireguard Speed that the processor will allow. To get more throughtput you would need to us a GL-AX1800 Flint that has a maximum throughput of 120mbps OpenVPN and 600mbps Wireguard.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you very much!

I’ll be returning the B2200 and getting the AX1800 :slight_smile:

Just be aware that Flint Runs on Choas Calmer 15.05.1, a old openwrt build that Gl-iNet has packages for (Upgrade is coming soon to openwrt21) Is not MeSH compatible and does not have a Bluetooth module.

1 Like

I am aware of the OpenWRT version yup, atm Velica GL-B2200 runs the same, so that’s not an issue for me.

I also will just place it in front of our Deco mesh system, so as long as it does provide 1GB/s with cable it’s really all good :blush:

Thanks for the suggestion, I need to do better research before purchasing next time :wink: