After reading and googling, I cannot find my answer to how to have a fixed wireless MAC address for repeater mode and find out what it is.
I have a mt3000 with firmware 4.2
The MAC address tab shows 3 tabs
Default- doesn’t explain if default is fixed or randomized upon reboot, doesn’t show what the wireless MAC address is
Clone - doesn’t show how to clone the wireless MAC address
Manual - same thing
Without this info I cannot connect to my system
- Default is going to be whatever the hardware MAC is for that interface.
- Clone allows you to input a MAC to spoof it; used for certain ‘restrictive’ Captive Portals/Hotspots (eg: cruise ships)
uci show network will show you what you need.
This is not helpful.
“Default is going to be whatever the hardware MAC is for that interface”.
My questions again:
- What is the wireless mac address for default? How do I find it?
- Does default randomize the wireless mac address each time? Yes or no please
“Clone allows you to input a MAC to spoof it…”
My question again:
- How to clone the wireless MAC address? The input is to clone the wired (ethernet) address.
Can someone please help me? Thanks
It works on both Ethernet and Repeater. there is currently an ambiguity in the design of the interface, it will be changed in the next version.