Working remotely with VPN without arousing suspicion from my company

Hello all,

I’m hoping to get some information and guidance from the gl-inet expert community regarding working remotely without arousing suspicion from my company.

Suppose I work for a company in Country 1 and want to work remotely in Country 2. If permission is not an option, how can this be achieved?

Here are a few ideas that I’ve come up with, please let me know what you think:

• Setup a TCP OpenVPN Server in Country 1 using a Brume 2 device.
  • Setup an OpenVPN Client in Country 2 using a Brume 2 device.
  • Use DDNS to avoid IP change issues.
  • Only enable IP4 on both devices.
  • Enable Encrypted DNS with Cloudflare DNS on both devices.
  • Disable Wifi and Bluetooth on work computer in Country 2.
  • Only connect to Brume 2 in Country 2 via ethernet cable.

Are there any other settings or configuration that you would recommend?

From my understanding, my computer in Country 2 would appear to be using my IP from Country 1, and my company could detect that I’m using a VPN.

Assuming that using a VPN is not an issue, could there be any other indication in the network traffic to identify my physical location in Country 2? For example, IP leaks, DNS leaks, bugs or issues with Brume 2 device firmware, etc.

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for your question but I’ll respond since I have a similar setup. I use wireguard not openvpn and different gl-inet routers, though any with VPN will do. No major issues so far. The only way your employer can detect you’re going through a VPN is if CIT logs into your computer and browses to the gateway IP.

Side note, Google catches up to my actual location quickly because I have other devices using Google services with my real IP address. I sometimes have to sign onto the VPN with those devices, which gives away my location. My employer uses the Microsoft ecosystem so I avoid any sites that could potentially connect my info with Microsoft outside the VPN.