WPA3 (only) support for GL-A1300

In testing my new GL-A1300 prior to travel, if I set my home router to WPA2/WPA3, then the GL-A1300 will connect OK. If I set my home router to WPA3 (only), then the GL-A1300 will not connect because the SSID doesn’t show up in the list of available SSID’s to connect to. Since this is a new product (March 2023), I thought it would support WPA3 (only). I did upgrade to the latest firmware. Does anyone know if WPA3 (only) support will be coming anytime soon?

1 Like

Make sure the client supports WPA3. Not all devices support WPA3, so check that your computer’s Wi-Fi adapter is capable of connecting to WPA3 networks.

1 Like

I guess I wasn’t clear enough in my original post. I had my laptop connected to the GL-A1300 via ethernet and was testing the GL-A1300’s ability to connect to my home router to then function as when traveling and only wifi is available to connect the GL-A1300 to the internet via the hotel wifi and then use the GL-A1300 as a “hot spot” for connecting our devices.

I’m not even sure it is using AES, but may be using compromised PSK for the encryption. All devices sold after July 1, 2020 are supposed to fully support WPA3 in order to have the “Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™” logo. I guess that’s why it does not have that on the product box.

Sorry, I misunderstood, you’re talking about repeater supporting wpa3.

This could be caused by the channel, if your home router falls into channel 13, and the GL-A1300 region is in the US, then A1300 will not see it.

By then way, do you use 2.4G or 5G? What’s your home router model?
I try A1300 can repeat to MT3000 by WPA3 only.

I would say that I have the same problem when I turn on WPA3 on my gli-net router and try to connect to my iPhone, which supports WPA3. I can see the network, but I cannot connect to it.
It disappears out of the blue when I try to connect to it.

I don’t remember the name of the river, but I remember it’s GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl)
I talked to Apple because I thought it was an iOS 17 problem, but it didn’t seem to be our iOS 17 problem. Is it possible that the problem is with the software on the routers?

By the way, I am using my router as a repeater.

Have you connected to this SSID before on your phone? If yes just forget that network and connection again.

I have done everything that I can to solve this problem myself I am IT supporter myself.
First I thought it was my iPhone because I had just updated it to the newest version. But Apple confirmed to me that my phone should be able to accept WPA3

Can somebody confirm that WPA3 Is enabled on GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl)
Because I can see it and I can change the setting to it but there seems to be some problem when I try to connect to the Wi-fi with WPA3

I tried 4.3.7 GL.iNet download center
WPA3 does work. But if you change wifi key, you need to reboot the router.

Seems a bug.

When I upgraded to 4.3.7 That fixed my problem with WPA3, Where I was not able to connect to my iPhone. Now I am able to connect after I Upgraded the firmware

My new question wouldn’t be why didn’t my router suggest the new update itself
The new update has been out since mid-September and now we are in mid-October