X3000 Frage an deutsche (EU) Nutzer

Ich schreibe hier absichtlich auf deutsch, weil die Frage ausschließlich an Nutzer in Deutschland/Europa gerichtet ist!
Ich habe einen X3000 Spitz direkt an mein 12Volt Bordsystem vom Wohnmobil angeschlossen. Seit Ende November sind wir nun in Spanien unterwegs und hatte noch nie ein stabiles Modem. Ich nutze eine O2 Datenkarte und das Modem fällt immer wieder aus, sodass nur noch eine Fehlermeldung kommt, dass kein Modem angeschlossen ist, es hilft dann nur noch den Stecker zu ziehen!
Ich bin nun seit längerer Zeit in Kontakt mit dem Support, der mir Anfangs erklärt hat, dass das wohl an meiner Stromversorgung liegt :thinking:.
Sicherheitshalber wurde der Router ausgetauscht und ich habe dann auch versucht, den Router mit dem original 220Volt Netzteil zu betreiben, auch hier das gleiche Problem, manchmal hält das Modem einige Stunden, manchmal nicht mal 1 Stunde!
Immer wieder wurde mir vom Support mitgeteilt, dass ich die einzige mit dem Problem bin!
Gestern früh wurde vom Support etwas per Remote installiert, seit dem hält das Modem!
Und hier endlich meine Frage, sind hier noch andere Nutzer mit diesem Problem?

Sorry, only English community

und das sagt wer und warum?

I agree that this community is english only, because it’s international and there are no extra areas for specific languages.

I highly doubt that it’s some problem with electricity. Even if it would, there should be other issues as well - because Wi-Fi, for example, is very energy hungry as well.

From my point of view there are no many RV people here in the forum - nor there are many sold units in EU. (Might be wrong, just an guess)

The best way might be asking the support what they did the last time and why the modem seems to be stable now. (Which could be just by chance)

—-
Could be some issue with O2 as well; since they are not the most reliable provider anyway

O2 Spain is quite reliable. It is the second brand of Movistar (Telefonica), the best and largest operator in Spain. In addition to having very competitive rates

I don’t think it is an issue with the power from your RV.

Why to ask in German for an issue in Spain? I think Spanish users would be able to say more about this topic.

As far as I know there are two versions of the X3000, one for 4G and one for 5G.
If you have the 5G model, I could imagine it will help to set it manual to G4, if possible.

Not GL-Inet, but related: I know a FTS Laptop I needed to set to the lower standard while traveling around Europe, else the internal modem died while searching for signal or shortly after. Have not analyzed it to the end, just changed the Laptop.

Support got me “kmod-usbmon” installed, whatever that is or does, so far it’s working…:grin:
And it is a x3000 5g!

1 Like

Hallelujah. :latin_cross:

Now support only has to explain why this is needed.

I’ll wait until Monday, if it stays stable until then, I’ll ask “lizh” what it was for!

Deepl for language translations.

Eric

Just for your information, unfortunately my modem has been offline again since this morning, so that didn’t help either…