X750 hard reset of modem

Hi,
i am very new to this device. Initial impressions are great.

I haven’t found a problem yet, though history with 3gUSB dongle modems tells me that sometimes they need to have their power toggled to reset. In fact my old setup that i am replacing forced me to have an external power reset device to ensure that it came back online while unattended.

On the X750, with the modem module internal, i dont believe usb power toggling works?
Assuming that is the case, does a software reboot of the router power toggle the modem module?

i am really hoping i can get rid of the external power reset when i commission this device at my remote site

thanks in advance
cheers
Andrew

For power cycle of the modem, it is the same as external USB modems. There is a gpio control of the internal modem, you can simply reset it from the UI. The device will power off the modem then power it back.

Hi Alzhao,
firstly thankyou for your great customer support. I can now see why your products get so many positive reviews.

Could i please then confirm, if i soft reboot the router (from within the GUI), that this does also cause a power cycle of the modem? or is it only when the GPIO control is specifically utilised?

thanks in advance

cheers
Andrew

Soft reboot will not cause reset of the modem. Because the modem’s power is not cut.

Hi Alzhao,
could you please advise what GPIO pin is used to power off / on the internal modem on the X750?

Also, could you please point me towards a script that may be appropriate to utilise for this functionality?.. Thanks in advance

cheers
Andrew