X750 "SIM Card Not Detected" disconnects

I have the GL.iNet X750 with Quectel EP06-A modem. I have inserted my Verizon SIM card and am using the wireless signal as WAN. A couple of times per day I am getting “SIM Card Not Detected” disconnects. Sometimes restarting the modem fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn’t. Any advice?

I have tried with several SIM cards and it does the same thing with all of them. Is there a setting I need to change?

Just to ask if all the SIM you tried is Verizon?

Yep, that’s the only carrier we get service with. No other carrier reaches here.

Usually, this error is due to bad contact between the SIM card and the card holder. You can try adding a piece of paper to the SIM card

Ok, I will try that :slight_smile:

Did you get this fixed? I had the same issue with the ep06, put a EC25AFFA modem in and it fixed my issue.

Hi, @optymyze @fwhite35
I am following this issue. Do you solve this problem use a paper? Can you provide the following information?

1. Is the card a standard card? Be sure to find several other cards to compare and confirm that the card of some operators is too thick
  2. Whether the card is cut manually or by the supplier, whether there are burrs/irregular edges
  3. Approximately how many times the card has been inserted and removed repeatedly, hundreds of times or thousands of times?
  4. Will it not work as soon as you get the equipment, or will it not work for a period of time?
  5. Is the temperature of the operating environment relatively high?
  6. Can you take a high-definition photo of the SIM card slot/SIM card? It mainly depends on whether the copper contact points of the SIM card slot are collapsed, whether the cover of the card slot is deformed, and whether the SIM card is slightly bent