Xbox upnp issues

I am not sure if it is problem of ports, but you can do port forward of all these ports
https://support.xbox.com/en-HK/help/hardware-network/connect-network/network-ports-used-xbox-live

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

53, 80 is used for DNS and http, not sure why these will be used. Pls port forward other ports first.

The Xbox is using Tredo, a tunnel for IPv6 over IPv4 … A huge security problem and a lot of providers are not happy with it.

Unfortunately the Xbox help pages are not helpful at all. As @alzhao wrote, they write about forward totally not related ports (DNS, HTTP). This is not needed.
I wrote something, that can work, see Gl mt300 v2 nat problem xbox - #8 by LupusE. But no guarantee, if your provider is blocking Tredo.
[…]
As far as I know the Xbox is using IPv6 native. With the Tredo protocol it will tunneling IPv6 over IPv4, if no IPv6 is available. A very huge security issue, because you have no chance to configure/secure this tunnel, am attacker who claims to be Microsoft is able to use the Xbox as hopper to your network … In theory, this for another day. Back to topic:

The Xbox indeed needs some open ports. Put the Xbox in DMZ, as ‘Exposed Host’ or whatever you’ll call it could work. But I strongly recommend to forward only the needed ports.

Port forward:

88 UDP
3074 TCP/UDP
3544 UDP
[Alternate Port]* TCP/UDP

(* The ‘Alternate Port’ that depends on the user. Regular the Xbox will negotiate a Port itself and use it for Multiplayer or Chat and so on. But you can set it to a fixed port per user.
On the Xbox Settings: Network Settings - Advanced Settings - Alternate port selection. Here you can select one from a bunch of port numbers. It needs to be forwarded in TCP and UDP. One port per Xbox-User)

Upnp never worked for me, with different routers. Maybe one time during setup/testing, but never reliable.
[…]

1 Like

And this ports too

• Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

And deactivate on Xbox qos restart your Xbox and you get nat open

500 and 4500 UDP are standard IPSec ports. I don’t believe the Xbox network would use these.
I know standard Tredo is in conflict with standard IPSec but as far as I know it will be overwritten with ‘Alternate Port’ at the Xbox.

Maybe I should ask my company to change the IPSec ports, so I can play Xbox…