3.1 no GUI on mt300a

@alzhao

Similar problem exist here: Bug for 3.1 firmwares on AR750 - no GUI - #2 by ponzi1

Upgrade firmwares to 3.1 (testing) for mt-300a.

Go to 192.168.8.1

Automatic redirect to 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci/webpanel/homepage

404 error because not exist this page

Access OK to Luci at 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci

Not sure, is problem only with URL address? Or GUI does not exist?

Can you clean browser cache or try private Tab? Seems a redirection problem.

I also suggest to disable all autofill forms and addresses and password autofill.
I have seen the word “root” be placed into bssid of a wireless station modifcation in luci interface.

@alzhao It definitely not redirection problem because is clean Knoppix boot so no history in browser. And I also do clean cache and same problem. Maybe you can tell me what files I should find on router when I SSH and look into /www ? I will look manually for these files.

@rp201rp

I also suggest to disable all autofill forms and addresses and password autofill.

I have no autofill. Not sure what you mean about root in bssid but I think this is not the problem.

I am not sure what is the problem you met.

To make sure, I got a new AR750 router, flashed the same firmware 3.100 and I have no problem.

Which old firmware did you upgrade from?

Can you clear all settings and try again?

maybe you can try another system, not knoppix.

@alzhao Why should that mean something? But okay I just tried Ubuntu and the same issue happens.

I am not sure what is the problem you met.

The problem is what I say in first comment:

Upgrade firmwares to 3.1 (testing) for mt-300a.

Go to 192.168.8.1

Automatic redirect to 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci/webpanel/homepage

404 error because not exist this page

Access OK to Luci at 192.168.8.1/cgi-bin/luci

To make sure, I got a new AR750 router, flashed the same firmware 3.100 and I have no problem.

This is mt300a. (But also another Thread for AR740)

Which old firmware did you upgrade from?

I try all of them but the most recent is v1 for mt300a.

Can you clear all settings and try again?

I already do this before but also do it again now. I clear settings, I do uboot, I flash firmwares to 192.168.1.1.

@alzhao do you see my question above? It is best for troubleshooting I think. I ask:

Maybe you can tell me what files I should find on router when I SSH and look into /www ? I will look manually for these files.

I don’t have MT300A at hand. This model may have problem. But for AR750 it surely has no problems.

Let’s solve AR750 problem first in another threaed.

@alzhao Agree. I have put replies in another thread.

@alzhao This was the same problem with AR750. The GUI have HTML and CSS files that require very new browser and do not have graceful degrade for older browsers. But it is not a bug.

How old is your browser?

We really tested a lot of browsers. Some are old.

@alzhao Firefox 49 is the browser.

Firefox is 72 now. How can you have so old version?

Seems firefox force you to upgrade otherwise you cannot use the browser.

Firefox is 72 now. How can you have so old version?

Truth, it works 100% of time, except for GL UI. But there is a reason about the testing system I am using to use pre-Quantum for certain applications.

But really it is not very old. I think 3 years? I have family with browsers much older. How many people are still only using Windows XP? (I don’t know but I think it is probably too many people)

Seems firefox force you to upgrade

No this is not true. It is an option.