A new router with 4G LTE and Wifi 6?

A new router with 4G LTE and Wifi 6?
I’m waiting if GL.inet can produce a 4G LTE router, and has wifi 6 (the coverage is as good as Flint).

Yes,we are preparing to develop this product with 4G LET and WiFi 6. May we know do you have any other requirements for the product?e.g.size,apperance,function. It would be much helful If you could share more information.Expect to your feedback. Thank you very much. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If that’s the truth. I’m willing to wait for that product. In my area, specifically, the ISPs cannot provide Internet services. In rural area, our villagers only relied on 4G. Luckily, 4G in my area is CAT 5, and they will update to 5G next year. I see that if 5G is not too pricey than 4G, a combo 5G with Wifi 6 is very good (: Because there are already 4G LTE routers already in the market. It will be a revolution for the first 5G + Wifi 6 router in the market, as what Flint did, the first OpenWRT + Wifi 6 router. To be honest, I really want the latest version of OpenWRT on this router, not like Flint with Chaos Calmer.

3 Likes

I am interested in such a product too. For me more RJ45 ports would be great, like at least 4.

1 Like

I would like something like the mudi but with wifi 6 and 5g if possible. Great device love running wireguard vpn in client mode off of it.

Yes, it’s true. Our products can be well used to solve the problem of remote Internet access for users. Your satisfaction is our greatest harvest.

1. Currently, the cost of 5G modules remains high (such as Quectel), resulting in the price of 5G equipment being much higher than that of 4G equipment.
  2. the device will use the new version of OpenWRT
2 Likes

Yes, very Nice advice, In the future, Mudi will be upgraded to Wifi6+5G. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

could you introduce which equipments should be connected by RJ45?

If the module of 5G is too high, then 4G+Wifi 6 may be a good combo enough. 5G will be more affordable on the next 1-2 years, I guess.

desktops, servers…or anything else one could need.

Do you know exactly when this new product will be released?

I would say that something similar to the Mudi with wifi 6, better VPN speeds (100mbps+), a small LCD with basic info, and a usb c expansion with 3 X 1Gbps WAN/LAN ports and stronger wifi antenna.

2 Likes

Yes, 5G modules will get cheaper and cheaper,
Once the 5G module price is acceptable, you can either manually replace the 5G module or purchase a brand new device.

2 Likes

Do you know exactly when this new product will be released?

will be released in the first half of 2023, however, may be affected by the progress of the chip and 5G modules.

2 Likes

Thank you for the time frame. I was going to suggest what about having both a 5g and 4g models with different pricing points. You have a volunteer beta tester right here if you need one here in the states. My Cellular service is FirstNet

Thanks for your interest in beta testing @gw06, I’ve just sent you a reply via private message~

Can you include eSIM capability in the new LTE router? Ideally, it would allow multiple eSIMs to be stored and selected from. I keep 2 eSIMs on my Samsung S21+ smartphone.

I do not work for and I do not have formal association with GL.iNet

3 Likes

Also announcing myself as a betatester for 5G portable routers from Europe/Hu.

Same here excited for the next version of the mudi to be developed and announced.