AdGuardHome on GL routers

128MB RAM is difficult for adguard to run.

Anyone have a copy of the Convexa-S build? They removed all builds from their servers and I don’t have a local copy. I would really appreciate if someone can share a link.

hi guys, i have the brume mv-1000, and when go into the adguard home settings, i have an update v0.104.1 available. if i click on update now, i got an error, auto update failed.
someone can help me please ?

@luochongjun this is the same issue as on S1300, and update on what Adguard said about the fix?

brume mv-1000
firmware: 3.104
AdGuardHome: 0.104.1

AdGuard Home is working; however, if I define a Client, it does not seem to work. For example, I have “Use AdGuard Parental Control Web Service” enabled in the General Settings. I have a Client defined for my device using IPv4 address (also tried IPv6) with “Use Global Settings” disabled and “Use AdGuard Parental Control Web Service” disabled. From this device, I am still blocked to all web sites categorized as “adult”. Is there something I’m missing?

(edit) Some additional info: I am using a Linksys1900AC (access points) in bridge mode forwarding to my MV-1000. The MV-1000 is my DHCP server, gateway, and connected to my cable modem. All requests through AdGuardHome show as localhost (127.0.0.1) instead of each individual client.

• SSH into your mv-1000 → ssh root@ipadressofyourMV1000 → Password is the same as you use to login through your browser
  • download the latest version (Linux ARM, 64 bit) → wget https://static.adguard.com/adguardhome/release/AdGuardHome_linux_arm64.tar.gz
  • unpack → tar x -zf AdGuardHome_linux_arm64.tar.gz
  • stop the AdGuardHome service → AdGuardHome -s stop
  • backup the existing app (optional, you can overwrite or delete) → mv /usr/bin/AdGuardHome /usr/bin/AdGuardHome.old
  • copy the latest version → cp AdGuardHome /usr/bin
  • just in case → cd /usr/bin
  • start the AdGuardHome service → AdGuardHome -s start
  • You can ensure the service is running by typing → AdGuardHome -s status

Hope this works out for you!

MV1000 and S1300 updated the 3.105 beta firmware and fixed the AdGuardHome upgrade issue.

1 Like

The AR750S will not integrate AdGuardHome into the firmware, but I’m updating the snapshots firmware here

Will the snapshot version get updated regularly or the 3.105-1126 will likely to be the last?

Thank you.

In general, the snapshot is updated in sync with our standard version.

I’m unable to download any of the tar files for the AR750S. Have they been removed?

cant download AR750S files either…
any help??

To developer.

The Snapshot version with AGH doesn’t work reliably. A few days ago I could toggle the AGH on with internet connection but today if turned the AGH on the internet connection would drop.

…I’ve realized the AR750s may not be powerful enough to run AGH with large filter lists, but with a default filter list can it be run reasonably well? And If so, by any chance you could improve / modify the AGH Snapshot firmware to be at least as close as the Release firmware version.

I’ve already considered your GL-MV1000W, but it’s missing the 5Ghz signal and that is no deal for me.

I’ll be gladly to wait.
Thank you.

I’ve tired the firmware. It didn’t work reliably for me, the firmware must have been removed for a reason.

@Sam79 @BigHusky Snapshots are often updated. You can find the latest firmware here.
Call the AR750S -agh folder and download the firmware that has the tar suffix.

4 Likes

I can’t find AdguardHome on the latest E750 snapshot build… is there another link I should be using?

Thanks @luochongjun. Will you be adding a modified AGH firmware for the recently released 3.105 final build? The only firmware available now is for the beta builds.

Been using the AGH on 3.105 beta 2 for few days. So far so good. except:

Trying to enable encryption under encryption setting will result in below error.

Error: control/tls/validate | port 443 is not available, cannot enable HTTPS on it | 400

Any thoughts?

Can you clarify which is this settings?

Should we expect an AGH version of the final release?