AdGuardHome on GL routers

Running AdGuardHome requires a minimum of 32M flash and an AR750 of 16M.

what if we are running with extroot with u1 microsd card on ar750 like I do. Can we do a manual install?

(just looked nice in the gl-inet ui web admin interface)

Thanks for this.

Just had a quick experimental play around with it on one of my AR750s. Much more informative and easier and more powerful than adblock.

Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, I’m going to be providing a software package for users of extroot.

1 Like

I think the problem is probably caused by FLASH. After installing AdGuardHome, the available space of FLASH becomes very small, only about 2M. At this point, if you add filter source, FLASH will be consumed quickly.
For 32M flash devices, I may need to keep the filter list in ram.

AdGuardHome is written in golang, and go writes code that requires a lot of virtual memory.
In B1300, AdGuardHome will apply for about 800M virtual memory, but the actual physical memory is about 30M, which will not affect the performance of the router.

I tried to compile Brume’s AdguardHome firmware today and encountered some problems. I will provide Brume firmware after I solve these problems.

2 Likes

Shall wait in anticipation. Thank you.

Mv1000 (Brume) is available now.

2 Likes

Brilliant. Can’t wait to try it out.

loaded it up but wifi ceased to work

What model do you use? MV1000 no wifi.

yes mv1000 with dlink dwa-171 sorry I did not include that info. I just reveretd to 4-22 build to make sure wifi adapter is not faulty and it is working so it is an adguardhome issue.

1 Like

Works a treat on my MV1000 (I have not attached any WiFi adapters). A couple of questions if you please allow me:1) How can we update AdGuardHome on the router? and 2) is it possible to use a different DNS with this (like CloudFlare)? Thank you again for your efforts.

I’m really sorry that I can’t find this wifi dang here, so I have no way to solve this problem.

You can configure different DNS, including cloudflare, in the Settings page of AdGuardHome.

1 Like

np I appreciate you bumped it on your todo list. when you do get it working feel free contact me to help you it if you need some beta testing help/feedback. with so many different routers and so many images 19.07.2, adguard, standard build testing build, etc etc. and that’s just with one of your routers (ar750s)

update: after reading my original i have to say im referring to mv1000 wireless compat issue. know you have tons of stuff out threre and thank you for it.

2 Likes

Hello
Nice forum and lots of nice people here,
is an owner of AR750s with adguardhome installed on Version
3.102 release updates to Version
3.104 then adguardhome disappears in application, anything to fix?

AdHuardHome is not yet officially integrated into our firmware, so when you upgrade to the officially released version 3.104, this feature will no longer be available.

2 Likes

Thanks understand that but cant you make one fore 3.104 there was security isues whit 3.10.2