AdGuardHome on GL routers

@Nick_T 's comment completely on point. There will only be beta versions of AdguardHome for the AR750s, not any release versions. So in the near future there might not be more betas with AdguardHome for the AR750s either. The AR750s doesn’t have enough ram for it to work good unfortunately.

2 Likes

Not on point at all. Poorly communicated is more like it.

Your explanation more clearly defines how the devs plan to move forward with this integration in future firmware releases. Exactly how much RAM is required to run AGH?

I’d like to suggest you to read comment from Oct 15 the answer is there. And if you read comment from mobile phone switch to Desktop View, you can do that from the top right corner next to your username.

Thank you for your clarification.

Slightly more than 128MB ram. So of the portable routers Beryl (using Extroot because it has only 32MB storage space) or any of the home routers B1300/S1300/AC1300/B2200/Brume/Brume-W

I’ve been running on the 105_beta2 for the AR750s since its release with no problems!
What changed in the release?

Error on bottom right when the ‘encryption settings’ page is call out.

But so far, AGH on 3.105 pre-release is stable & running without hiccup.
Good for going out and connecting to public wifi with ad protections.

There is a difference between working, and working good. The CPU is slow on the AR750s and there is not enough RAM, so you will notice high ping, requests take a long time to query (you can see it in the Adguard statistics) and a general feeling that your internet is sluggish. You will probably have packet loss during high load things like downloading.

So it does work, just not good enough for GL to say it works.

1 Like

It would be good to have it released and leave it to users to decide what is good enough for them. To me, it just sounds like GL is trying to push new product lines for profit (Beryl).

Well it does not work on Beryl either unless you do extroot. Not enough flash space for it. So no, it’s not for profit or to sell new products. It is supported in the B1300/S1300 which are considered old products now, just Velica being the new product to support it yet to be released.

Worst case if a user wants to run it without GL support, the beauty about opensource is that you can get it and install it directly from the official project page:

AdguardHome is included in the latest OpenWRT 19.x Snapshot, so you can just do:

opkg install adguardhome

More info here:

We don’t have 19.x snapshots for AR750s either! :-/

I don’t mean GL snapshots, i mean Vanilla OpenWRT snapshots for 19.0x:

https://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/ath79/generic/

glinet_gl-ar750-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin

But yes, when GL releases 19.0x versions next month, it will be possible to install AdguardHome via opkg as well. For now you can use the beta, and if you are kind to @luochongjun , he might push a new version for you.

1 Like

We’ve been nothing but kind to him/her and you too :). We just want to squeeze every bit for the money we spent. I’m sure you understand :slight_smile:
It’s nice of him/her to do these special builds.
It’d be even better if somebody can point me to a fork/repo where it’s included and v105 is tagged, I can do the rebasing and build. Also, a pointer to a tutorial where I can be sure that I don’t break my router by flashing a wrongly compiled image would be great :smiley:
I can share these builds with everybody here if this is allowed of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

The new releases with AdguardHome integrated would be awesome.

I’m having trouble with AR750S. Link to firmware above for the AR750S gives error: “NoSuchKey The specified key does not exist . . "
Using the router interface to AdGuardHome, when I get click button to start " Enable the AdGuardHome process”, I get “Warning: API is unavailable”.
When I try to click AdguardHome settings is takes me to IP address “http://192.168.8.1:3000/” the connection is refused. Error message: “Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.8.1:3000”.
Network mode is “Router” with connection to my home LAN. I suspect firewall problem or port-forwarding problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Which router is best to have AdGuard Home on? I have AR750s and B1300 and not happy with both. Should I upgrade ?

Due to performance/stability/memory issues, Adguard Home is only supported and included as default on the Brume and the Velica.

1 Like

Upgrade to S1300. I did the same, and i am very happy with my choice.

I have the same problem with the AR300M installing it from the Applications menu.

You also need to install the gl-agh-stats package.