AR-300M / AR-300M-Lite art Check Requested

As the AR-300M-Lite doesn’t have dual Ethernet, running it with a “vanilla” OpenWrt build in failsafe, after firstboot, or without pre-configured connectivity saved across flashes will prevent IPv4 access. (Noted, for example, in AR-300M-Lite - #2 by alzhao – though IPv6 ink-local connectivity does seem to be available.)

I’m working on the ath79 target for the upcoming release and I’m looking for a clean way to differentiate between the AR-300M (dual Ethernet) and the AR-300M-Lite (single) so that two builds aren’t required for little if anything more than a first-boot config difference.

In looking at the DTS files, they suggest that there are two MACs in the “art” partition of the AR300M, one at offset 0x0 and one at 0x6

In looking at my AR300M-Lite, it appears that there is only one present

0000000 e4 95 6e xx xx xx ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff

I’m hoping that a test for ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff at offset 0x6 can tell if that second Ethernet device is present and connected or not.

If you’ve got access to an AR300M with two Ethernet sockets, would you be able to confirm that there is a MAC address at offset 0x6?

Similarly, if you’ve for a single-Ethernet AR-300M-Lite, can you confirm that all bits are set for the 12 bytes commencing at offset 0x6?

Thanks!

Edit: The MAC also appears later in the art, at offset 0x1002

0001000 02 02 e4 95 6e xx xx xx 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

I don’t think this is the real differences. So you cannot rely on this.

The only way is to make two target and the user can choose explicitly.

1 Like